A barn and two waterfalls

Lovely set Graham! Just the right amount of milky water for me.
Did you go in the White Lion? One of my favourite character pubs.

Really like these. Nice PP as well, especially the second one. Not keen on the watermark though, but that's just down to personal taste really......

Lovely set. Number 2 is my favourite. Might be improved by being wider so you can see all of the tree though

Very nice set...or could be.

I do so hate 'blurry' water....almost as much as 'selective colour'

They are 'old hat'....IMVHO.

Sorry, just my 2p's worth.

Excellent set, well captured (y)

Beautiful images from God's own county.

Exceptionally nice set Graham! Love the perspective in the first two, like the way you are led up through the image. nicely processed very sympathetically done(y).
No1 I think the shutter speed enhances the little swirls and eddies in the river and the moss on the rocks and the colours in the river bed are great.
No2 This is my pick (if I was pushed to choose!) Lovely Shot, the Oaks lining the river bank the series of waterfalls and the barn is the icing on the cake. What a cracker! Superb detail.
No3 Another great shot, I like the eddies in the middle foreground and the rusty red appearance of the water (iron I guess).

Lovely colour and detail in all, exceptional set!

A lovely set - and I still like blurry water!

No 2 for me is potentially my favourite but it would benefit from the WA distortion being fixed in LR - the barn in particular and the trees on the horizon.

Lovely images, The green really strong I #1, what method od PP was used, Looks slihjty HDR or similar?

Graham - you know pretty well how to work a camera, and how to process the images, so I don't want to teach you how to suck eggs. The issue that arises from these images for me is one of naturalness, and to do with the rendering of flowing water. There's never a precise point of rightness, but the middle image of these gets it about right. One second. Stop there - no more. Half a second would've been just as good.

The water in the first looks uncomfortably like molten plastic, and this comes I think partly from the longer shutter speed and partly from the tones on the water.

Graham - you know pretty well how to work a camera, and how to process the images, so I don't want to teach you how to suck eggs. The issue that arises from these images for me is one of naturalness, and to do with the rendering of flowing water. There's never a precise point of rightness, but the middle image of these gets it about right. One second. Stop there - no more. Half a second would've been just as good.

The water in the first looks uncomfortably like molten plastic, and this comes I think partly from the longer shutter speed and partly from the tones on the water.

There is no right or wrong when it comes to things like this, only personal preference...... if we all did exactly the same thing and followed the same rules the world would be a pretty boring place.....

Lovely set Graham! Just the right amount of milky water for me.
Did you go in the White Lion? One of my favourite character pubs.

Thanks, the White Lion is shut for what looks like a refit more the pity.

Really like these. Nice PP as well, especially the second one. Not keen on the watermark though, but that's just down to personal taste really......

Thanks Derek, been through a number of watermarks.

Lovely set. Number 2 is my favourite. Might be improved by being wider so you can see all of the tree though

Cheers Mike, No 2 is at 16mm which is the widest I've got unfortunately.

Awesome set. Love the shot with the barn!

Thank you

Number 2, fantastic. Love shots like that

Cheers Paul

really nice set - thanks for sharing.

Thanks Tim

Nice set Graham..Cray Barn image is lovely, exposure and composition spot on!

Robin

Cheers Robin

Nice series... 2nd and 3rd for me.. is the last at Keld?

Simon

Thanks Simon, yes it is Keld its the upper Wayerfall of the two. Lovely spot except for the midges. Just brought your book by the way, hoping to get North wales this Autumn.

Very nice set...or could be.

I do so hate 'blurry' water....almost as much as 'selective colour'

They are 'old hat'....IMVHO.

Sorry, just my 2p's worth.

Don't aplogise Dave, 1 & 3 are lot more blurry than I normally go.

Excellent set, well captured (y)

Thanks Norkie

Beautiful images from God's own county.

Thanks Toxic my first visit its a lovely place.

Exceptionally nice set Graham! Love the perspective in the first two, like the way you are led up through the image. nicely processed very sympathetically done(y).
No1 I think the shutter speed enhances the little swirls and eddies in the river and the moss on the rocks and the colours in the river bed are great.
No2 This is my pick (if I was pushed to choose!) Lovely Shot, the Oaks lining the river bank the series of waterfalls and the barn is the icing on the cake. What a cracker! Superb detail.
No3 Another great shot, I like the eddies in the middle foreground and the rusty red appearance of the water (iron I guess).

Lovely colour and detail in all, exceptional set!

Appreciate the feedback Steve.

A lovely set - and I still like blurry water!

No 2 for me is potentially my favourite but it would benefit from the WA distortion being fixed in LR - the barn in particular and the trees on the horizon.

Thanks Brian and the distortion correction something I quite often forget to do as you can see

Lovely images, The green really strong I #1, what method od PP was used, Looks slihjty HDR or similar?

Thanks Carl, no 1 is one image no HDR. PP done was a bit of contrast, dropped the highlights and raised the shadows. Plus a bit of dodging on the sides.

Hi Graham. These are three nice images encapsulating some of the Dales scenery. I especially like the treatment you have given to the barn at Cray. I 'discovered' this view a while back...the pub is the only one I know that sells NO lagers.

Cheers Phillip, when I was there it was selling no beer, closed for refurbishment.

Lovely set, especially the 3rd for me :D

Thanks Stuart

Appreciate the feedback Rog, with moving water shots I normally take a range of shutter speeds. I normally only go as far as no2.
With no1 I was after the curving trials in the water at the bottom of the shot but like you say the drawback is the molten water effect and 3 what really attracted me to the shot was the oval flow of the water in the bottom left.

No 1 lacks a bit of a focal point but lovely colours.

No 2 and 3 are great. No 2 could almost be a Constable painting subject.

Lovely set of images, especially the barn

Thanks Trish

There is no right or wrong when it comes to things like this, only personal preference...... if we all did exactly the same thing and followed the same rules the world would be a pretty boring place.....

Derek Isn't that what makes this lark so interesting

Lovely set.
No2 pick of the bunch for me, great detail.

Cheers Mike

No 1 lacks a bit of a focal point but lovely colours.

No 2 and 3 are great. No 2 could almost be a Constable painting subject.

Thanks Gary

I totally agree with that comment.

Your set of images -- love them
James

Thanks James

just superb

Thank you

number 3 for me Graham, incredible shot mate....great work.

Very beautiful images all of them, 2 is definitely my fav though, looks like a lovely location :D

All beautiful pictures Graham but think Cray barn wins it for me need to go back there as there is so much going on in such a small area with barns ,waterfalls you name it
it has it

number 3 for me Graham, incredible shot mate....great work.

Thanks Jez

Very beautiful images all of them, 2 is definitely my fav though, looks like a lovely location :D

Thanks T.

Big fan of #2

Cheers Beav

All beautiful pictures Graham but think Cray barn wins it for me need to go back there as there is so much going on in such a small area with barns ,waterfalls you name it
it has it

Thanks Michael, its a lovely little spot didn't have the time to explore it fully mores the pity.

Beautiful images, just the sort of tranquil landscapes I like (with plenty of water).

All 3 look nice, both the waterfall shots have a nice lead through the shot.

No 2 for me also, a cracker of a shot- I think the slow water shots are done to death- just my opinion ;)

Les

Back