A big Hi to all

Edit My Images
Yes
Just to introduce myself, I go by the name of Andy or Burbanks (just dont ask!!) amongst others.

I just cannot believe why I never found this site before, there is loads of info and advise everywhere, the reviews particularly caught my eye and actually recently purchased a slingshot AW100 based on the review posted here.

Currently use a Canon 400D which replaced my faulty Minolta A1. I have particular interests in Close-up and macro mainly of flowers at present (keeps the wife happy).

Look forward to chatting to you all and viewing your pics hopefully for more inspiration.

Burbanks

http://occasions.zenfolio.com/

:wave: Hi and Welcome (y)

Hi Andy - welcome to TP :)

Welcome Andy! :wave:

Had a quick look at the linked website. Nice flower shots - is the wife a florist by chance?

I especially like the ring of love shot - great idea!!

:welcome:

Hello Andy, Welcome aboard :wave:

Thanks for the welcome guys, unfortunately the OH is not a florist, but she might as well be the amount of flowers I buy from our local shop, tho she does occasionally allow me to borrow one or two now and them in exchange for me doing a photoshoot for their wedding bouquets etc.

Catch you later

Andy

Welcome along, Andy. Your flower photos are stunning.....it's the light. Did you mainly use flash, or natural light??

welcome andy, nice pics!

Welcome along, Andy. Your flower photos are stunning.....it's the light. Did you mainly use flash, or natural light??

Thankyou for your comments Janice, I do try to vary the light although try not to mix different types.

The earlier ones with the black velvet backdrop where mainly with tungsten halogens, the cheapo £2.99 clip ons from Lidl's or Ikea etc, I also have an old colourflash studio light which I use occasionally.

Have been experimenting a little with highkey set ups using a perspex sheet behing the subject and backlit with a tungsten cheapo.

I have also recently purchased a flash for the canon and hope to get a studio light kit after I sell off a bit more of my film equipment.

Andy

Hiya Andy :) I'm new too :)

stunning pictures on your site, I particularly like the close up image of the wedding ring on the dictionary, what lighting did you use ?

Hiya Andy :) I'm new too :)

stunning pictures on your site, I particularly like the close up image of the wedding ring on the dictionary, what lighting did you use ?

Hi Shorn

Thankyou for your comments, the lighting on the ring was just a 50W halogen, the type you get in desklights these days, nothing special. The ring was positioned using a bit of glue froma pritstick and the lighting adjusted until I got the shadow exactly how I wanted it.

This image hasn't done particularly well for me in competitions but I think it has some commercial value, just need to market it first I suppose.

Thanks

Andy

(y) welcome (y)

Back