A bit of fun - WORDLE. (NB, US spelling!) No spoilers please

3 today…… I know NYT say it’s not got harder but I’d say the words are a little more obscure than before. Think in a perverse way that can help because once you have a couple of letters it can reduce the number of options open to you…….

The correct answer was the first thing I thought of for my 4th guess, but then spent ages working through the combinations until I came up with an alternative, a much more common word that seemed a likelier solution. Used that, and of course it was wrong, so my original word got me there in 5.

The correct answer was the first thing I thought of for my 4th guess, but then spent ages working through the combinations until I came up with an alternative, a much more common word that seemed a likelier solution. Used that, and of course it was wrong, so my original word got me there in 5.
Been there, done that, but not today. Somehow one thinks less common words are more unlikely but that shouldn’t be true if they are ‘random’ selections from a list.

Been there, done that, but not today. Somehow one thinks less common words are more unlikely but that shouldn’t be true if they are ‘random’ selections from a list.
I think it's not a completely random selection - the original author cherry-picked words, and the NYT have said they'll eliminate 'obscure' words. But they've had several uncommon words recently...

I think it's not a completely random selection - the original author cherry-picked words, and the NYT have said they'll eliminate 'obscure' words. But they've had several uncommon words recently...
I did the ‘fake’ wordlegame that may well use the same list as it’s apparently available and I thought several words came up more frequently than one would expect — just impression though :(.

5, I feel like I'm just making up words to fit now

wordle 246.jpg

Mostly yellow until 4th

Last edited:
Only my 2nd 2, very chuffed! :banana:

3 today…… I know NYT say it’s not got harder but I’d say the words are a little more obscure than before. Think in a perverse way that can help because once you have a couple of letters it can reduce the number of options open to you…….

This is how I thought too. (I did the Wordle before coming on here BTW)

2Y + 1G, a considerable amount of thinking before 2nd guess gave me 5G.

I honestly have never heard/read this word used before, I thought it was going to do a 'jiggle' as in, not an actual word when I chanced it tbh

And a 4 again today, 3Y, 2G 1Y, 3G, 5G. As others have said a bit of a tricky one today.

My 2nd 2 as well. Lucky guess after a 1g 1y.

I honestly have never heard/read this word used before, I thought it was going to do a 'jiggle' as in, not an actual word when I chanced it tbh
In my experience it (and its derivatives) are fairly common and there’s that famous Roman …

Last edited:
You and I both spotted his influence. ;)

In my experience it (and its derivatives) are fairly common and there’s that famous Roman …
Honestly cannot recall anyone ever utter the word - yet, it came to mind when guessing, maybe I have come across it at some point. Was tricky though

Last edited:
So many choices today, 5 for me :rolleyes:

5 today - and looking back at my guesses I should have waited until my coffee had kicked in………

3 today. 2B,3B,5O.

The standard 4 for me today

A 3 for me today, a good start helped. 4Y, 2G 2Y, 5G.

Back to 3 for me. 1g2y, 2g1y, 5g. The 2g meant that the y in guess 2 had to be in one place so that effectively gave me 3g so limited options.

247.jpg

Turned out to be simple enough but I admit I was stumped for a bit after 3rd guess because of the letters I'd revealed/placement

Last edited:
4 today, 2Y on my first guess :)

3 today, nothing on my first guess which has never happened before!

3 today - best for a while……

Usual 4 today but a tricky one for me, 1Y, 1G 1Y, 3Y, 5G.

Back