A bit of fun - WORDLE. (NB, US spelling!) No spoilers please

4 for me this morning :)

2 this morning, 2Y, 5G, the change worked this time, lets see if it lasts.

4 again for me. yy, yyy, yyyg, solved.

Saturday in 3. Not bad for that word, though afterwards Scordle only found 2 or 3 reasonable possibilities for the third guess (plus an archaic spelling and two words I've never heard of).

W280.jpg

4 for a change!

4 for me also this morning:)

5 today 1Y, 1G, 2Y, 3G, 5G, tricky little b****r today.

Another 4 for me and a lot of headscratching to get the 4th guess right! Today I decided to try something different, so used 3 different words to eliminate as many letters as I could.

1Y, 2Y, 1Y ... a lot of thinking ... 5G

Lucks back :) ... 3 today. I reckon £2 on tonights lottery is required :p

Lucks back :) ... 3 today. I reckon £2 on tonights lottery is required :p
I don’t understand this logic, surely you’ve used up your luck on Wordle so will have none left for the lottery :LOL:

4 today - that was tough, cancelled out so many letters in the first 3 attempts there wasn't much left that made any sense. Only for green on second letter on second guess I would have been proper stumped

4 today. Tricky, with only 1Y after 2 guesses, but there were also only 2 possible words left at that point (not counting the third incredibly obscure word that Scoredle found afterwards). Of course I guessed the wrong one first.

4 this morning, what an odd choice for a word, very clever :)

3 today, 0, 1Y, 5G. My first two guesses didn't reveal much but did narrow it down.

Sneaky!!! 4, more by luck than judgement - but they all count!

I'm nothing if not consistent ...

... 4 again.

But I was really chuffed to get Quordle in 7 today! :banana:

Last edited:
3 this morning, I had 1G and 2Y on my first guess :)

4 today.

6 today ... 3G after turn 3 ... third time lucky for the result with 4 optional words ... lucks out. BTW my £2 lottery ticket didn't win either:(

All 6 for me too. Blanked as a starter, one yellow second try, 4 greens on the 3rd and of course, there were 3 more options, with the right one coming last!

5 today. After 3 guesses I had 4G, but there were still 6 possible common words to try, differing only by 1 letter. Eventually came up with a word that contained 4 of these letters and burned the 4th guess on that. One of these letters was correct, which gave me the whole thing in 5.

4 again!

Blanked on first guess. 4G on second! Too many options so did the same as @Retune and burned guess 3 which eliminated 3 of the 5 possibles and guessed right (for a change!) on guess 4. :)

Funny thing today is that my usual starting word gave me two letters. One in the correct place but enabled me to put another of my starting words in, getting the middle 3 correct. There were’t that many possibles but it took two more tries.

first 5 in a bit, could have easily been a 6! many possibles even after 4 G on third

My 4gs were the last 4 letters but 4 of the possibilities were blanks in the first 3 tries. Other than a word I think I've only heard in an episode of Moonlighting (although it's been used by Billy the Bard!), the correct answer was the last possibility.

Back