A black and white flower TEST

vortex_liam

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey, I'm not a verry good photographer, I want to get better so i've got my self a book called Digital photography for dummies, I dont have a slr, i have a samsung s830 8.1 MP Digital camera. I'm 11 so its not the best, also the shot is taken hand held with no tripod. I've finally managed to work out my Jessops imaging studio effects. Also my other work is here http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=246230

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Also if your wondering why i want to be a photographer, my dad is a pro photographer , he climbs down clifs and rocks and stuff at some of the most pretty natural sites in the world.

Hi Liam,

Just a couple of things that would improve this shot. When you use the imaging effects, a little more contrast would help. Also, when you take the pic look at getting the whole flower in the frame as you have cut off the top.

Hope that helps to make your photography better.

Hi Liam,

Just a couple of things that would improve this shot. When you use the imaging effects, a little more contrast would help. Also, when you take the pic look at getting the whole flower in the frame as you have cut off the top.

Hope that helps to make your photography better.

Thanks, i'll go retake this one :)

If you have that opportunity, then maybe consider the background as well. As it is at the moment, the background is split in half diagonally across the scrren - Trees \ sky.

How about aim to get just the sky in, so that the background is clutter free?

If you have that opportunity, then maybe consider the background as well. As it is at the moment, the background is split in half diagonally across the scrren - Trees \ sky.

How about aim to get just the sky in, so that the background is clutter free?

I'll try its just its in a hanging basket on my house :s

I could'nt find the same flower (there small and theres 100s of them) but i got 2 diffrent ones that look better:

Click to enlarge

I do prefer these two Liam, but they need some processing on them. The contrast needs increasing as they are looking a little flat. They need to stand out more from the background.

I do prefer these two Liam, but they need some processing on them. The contrast needs increasing as they are looking a little flat. They need to stand out more from the background.

Thanks, I'll see what i can do :)

Liam,

As well as my DSLR, I also have a Samsung compact. Mine's the s850, and it's absolutely brilliant! I carry it everywhere with me...

My DSLR gets used at weekends...my Sammy gets used virtually every day!

You have an excellent camera there...I look forward to seeing lots more from you.

Janet

Back