A Bridge out of my comfort zone!

smooth

Threebrows
Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all! :wave:

Usually I stick to portraits and animals but I was out and about recently and dipped my toe into some landscapes and nature.
This shot stood out - the bridge was almost popping itself in color so it gave me the inspiration to try the color pop in B+W. I fully understand that popping is rather marmite-ish... but does this shot do anything to make you tolerate it a bit more???

Does it work for you? Can it be improved? Or is it back to the studio/nature reserve for me? :LOL:

Thanks in advance for your cnc! (y)
1)
B1_by_lightkey.jpg

2)
new_by_lightkey.jpg

Cheers for the feedback Sean. Was a cold day in feb when it was taken hence colour! Did play around with contrast but it always ended up looking weird - the frosty bridge with bright summery greens didnt work. I know what you are saying about it looking flat ***. Mind you I do also like the pastel like effect!

As for the 'pop' I know its not to everyones taste. I only tried it as the colour version was doing it all by itself on the LCD!

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some feedback.

I think if you were to crop out some of the distractions on the rhs and concentrate more on the bridge and the reflections that might help.If you drop the exposure this will help the red to stand out more and get rid of the small areas of blown hightlights too.(easier to show than explain but you don't have the edit box ticked).

Sorry,but #2 doesn't do anything for me.

No need to go back to the studio though.

Afraid neither of these do anything for me. There's some nice reflections going on, and some nice looking clumps of foreground grass, but as it stands...

Sorry!

Back