A Cautionary Tale

Funnily enough I was talking about this to people at work yesterday, they still find it funny as well. :mad: :D

I've only just read this story and I think it's terrible that people are laughing, there's nothing funny about this whatsoever.

Oh, who am I kidding, it's hilarious! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for sharing it, Andy, it's brightened my day up considerably and now I know which thread to re-read whenever I'm feeling down. :D

If I can make someone even a little bit happier as I pass on by then my life has been worth something. I see myself as a conduit for joy. :D

Just driving back up the A1 and for some reason this thread popped into my head...

Thanks Steve... glad this has popped back up again.....:rolleyes::bat:

I missed this thread the first time round....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!11!!!!!ONEONEWUNWON!

That is all.

I'm glad it makes you happy......schadenfreude I believe its called. :D

My motto is 'if you're going to cock something up, cock it up proper'

can i just say i didnt mean to post this pic in the arundel meet thread ,it woz an accident ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,honest guvnor
i mean i wouldnt want to bring this to peoples attention would i ?

oh alright then its a fair cop :D

I'd forgotten about this. Glad you reminded me :D Brightened up an otherwise duff day!

Ah, the thread that would not die. :D

I'd forgotten about this. Now chuckling quietly to myself :)

Actually not that quietly. It's almost as funny as Clouseau and the violin...

Last edited:
One of the funniest stories on TP, share it with all your friends.

Thanks mate.... ;-)

Hmmm, now, wonder if I can remember how to put a thread on the front page of the forum...

You just keep bumping it, don't you, Mark?

We've probably all been there though. Maybe not 'quite' as bad as that, but we've all been there! :D

No, never been in that type of situation. Don't you try to make this thread any less funny and spare Andy's blushes. Look on it as his pennance not for getting stuck but for telling the world. A cautionary tale about telling cautionary tales. :)

The thread that never dies and doesn't deserve to. :clap:

Well I for one am glad it's been bumped back to the top or I'd never had got to read it :D

Well I for one am glad it's been bumped back to the top or I'd never had got to read it :D
We like to think of it as a public service :whistle:

Wanted to ask a serious question but this is the wrong tread. He He

Wanted to ask a serious question but this is the wrong tread. He He
Was your serious question "What are the safe crossing times today, Andy?"

Its 2016 so this deserves to be given a little bump.

How very kind Nick. I can't believe this happened over 2 years ago...... It's still so fresh in my mind, almost as if some 'people' keep finding ways of reminding me of it...:bat:

Ha ha. That's made my day! Thanks for sharing.

Could've been worse, you could've ignored the sign and thought you'd make it across :)

Well if this thread is still going.... Let's go back 6 years.... You can blame the front page posting of this thread for my discovery of it...

Didn't have a film camera, but did have a problem with.... tides... :runaway:

Caption contest anyone?

LwYWrW4.jpg

yMe3i1u.jpg

Back