A classic one from Buttermere

Name
mirek
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All
Its nice to be here again...
I want to share with you one classic frame from famous Buttermere spot
what I`m really happy with is this golden lit grass in foreground.
I hope for some comments
Thank you for looking

Regards
Mirek

Last edited:
Superb image Mirek, definitely the right place at the right time.The mist adds a lot to the shot, along with the low light.

Very nice.

That's gorgeous , I love the mist and the shafts of light starting to break through at the top of the photo.

That little house helps getting the scale of that cool scene!

That really does this scene justice- can't beat Buttermere for coming up with the goods, a Lovely spot in the Lakes, great light too

Les

Beautiful shot Mirek. I love the way the light is picking up in three places, down the side of the valley, on the trees along the far bank and the reeds in the foreground, particularly lovely! Nice contrast between the darkened side of the valley compared to the sun bathed area above. The burning white mist rising off the water gives a great dividing line and the cottage underlines the scale of the whole scene.... Its a great shot Mirek(y)

Thank you people...
I couldn't ask for better comment Steve.
I must confess that once I saw those reeds, even before sun reached them I knew the frame will be built around,
It's a classic scene from Buttermere yet not just trees with reflection...
And because of all that patches of light and shadow, the compo is quite "busy"
Thanks again

Lovely stuff. You've might've made your own mark on a classic shot, love those light beams and the quality of light all round. I went there briefly last week and couldn't see more than a couple of metres due to fog

wow thats a lovely lovely shot and reminds me why I love photography - this has everything, a great scene, great light and so many bits of interest you can keep going back to it :)

Last edited:
I went there briefly last week and couldn't see more than a couple of metres due to fog

To be honest, been at Buttermere once, during my seven day visit to Lakes, most time we've spent at Cat Bells waiting for a mist over a Derwent water...
We haven't been very lucky, as my friend's camera snapped off the tripod and went to the bottom of Cat Bells, apart from that, at the very first night our car roof box lock have jammed, with all our sleeping equipment inside, I thought to myself "always something, but won't complain as weather is great". And it was really great for whole week, at the very end whole landscape became obscured by thick fog and we went home. But with a hand on my heart I can say, that it was time of my life,

Thanks all, I will print it definitely :)

Attachments

• 12080151_882289455211242_1671018062728373150_o.jpg
    12080151_882289455211242_1671018062728373150_o.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 12
That's beautiful! The mist on the shoreline and the light on the grasses really makes this one for me. :)

A stunning image, taking full advantage of wonderful light (and most attractive lakeland scene).

The image is absolutely stunning however, it is quite busy and my eye doesn't know where to look first but still a beautiful image!

The image is absolutely stunning however, it is quite busy and my eye doesn't know where to look first but still a beautiful image!
I agree with this. Need to move the waterline from the centre. Either lose some from the top or from the bottom. I'd like either version, but preference to losing the empty space beneath the lower reed, about a third of the way in from the right

That is fantastic. Could not ask for better conditions, and you've taken advantage of that superbly.

Wow, wow and wow again! This has to be as near to perfection as is possible. Everything about this works so well, you should be so proud of the great work of art. Well done!

Back