A couple from Shanghai

Name
At FL380
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Was out and about in Shanghai and took a few shots of a local square which contain some original buildings and decorations for the coming Chinese New Year.

I uploaded them straight from my camera as I'm not editing anything until I have my new laptop so apologies for the lack of finish.

Regards

Shanghai old style by r1flyguy, on Flickr

Shanghai lanterns by r1flyguy, on Flickr

Shanghai square by r1flyguy, on Flickr

I do like the second shot a lot, the composition and color are super, the 1st and 3rd loose out for me because they are black and white and I feel color would add greatly to them.

Would love to see no in colour with a bit if colour strengthening where needed.

Liking the 2nd shot.

When I was there last year the same area was packed, you could hardly move. The gardens close by were also lovely.

Tianzifang was a great place for candids and great street photography, there are soo many cool little shop, restaurants and bars/pubs in the tiny alleys. Did you go there?

I'm back there in April, now with a betetr camera, so I'll get many more pics :D

great shots.

This is a very touristy area and can be hard to get decent shots if its busy. I've still to visit it at night, its been on my list but i've not had the chance yet.

As said Tianzifang is also worth a visit if you've not been yet.
I go yearly to shanghai and always find new places to shoot, its worth taking a trip out of the city to the suburbs as well there are some lovely water village.

Back