A couple from Skye last weekend

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
A quick weekend up on Skye last weekend. November is easily my favourite time of year to visit the island, as the weather conditions are perfect for what I like to shoot.

Elgol sunrise....
Elgol by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Hail and rain heading down Loch Sligachan....
Slig by Martin Steele, on Flickr

The Fairy Pools....
Fairy Pools by Martin Steele, on Flickr

The second is striking… very cinematic! (y)

I love the dramatic light of the first 2 Martin, plus sunrise is at a more reasonable time nowadays. I think I've been at Sligachan in that weather, so kudos for being out there with the camera and waiting for just that moment.

Nice set of photos, Martin. Already seen the first on FB at All Things Cuillin but great to see the other two especially the incoming bad weather shot.

Lovely set of images Martin.

"Excellent" work Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Thank you all kindly :)

All good but my favourite one isn't in the series. You got a lovely one of the light hitting the Cuillins, it is in landscape orientation. It's probably less you than these but man it's good...

I still haven't processed that image, you just seen a screenshot of the untouched raw....i'll get round to it soon :)

All good - but the first one stands out to me :)

Thanks Dave, that first one is pretty much my 'holy grail' shot of Elgol, a shot i've envisaged over the past few years, and it's as close to it as i'll ever get :)

The first is one is epic Martin, and well done on getting close to the image you are after from there, it is a real winner. Maybe consider desaturating some of the blue on the shadow areas of the Cullins but it's a better image than I got close to taking when I went there a few weeks ago so you can ignore me if you want!

No. 2 is the pick of the bunch for me, quality image, would look great framed

Back