A couple of 120 mf questions

Edit My Images
Yes
Having just paid a sprightly sum of £9.20 for a Holga 120GN, I now need some film to put in it!

I have been recommended Ilford HP5+ 400ISO as an all round film to use on all but the brightest/sunny day. (The Holga is fixed at f11 or f13 and 1/100 IIRC)

Is this a good film? (£13.24 for 10 rolls at Silverprint.)

Any other films for experimentation until I get to know the personality of the Holga i get?

Any recommendations for companies to develop the roll film?

Can regular flatbed scanners scan 120 negatives without an adaptor? I don't want to spend much, and have seen a CanoScan 4400F for around £55-60. (I know it is bottom of range! :) )

Thanks

AB

HP5 is a great film, sticking with iso 400 is good advice, you dont have much camera control.
Fuji Neopan Acros 400
Kodak TMax 400
Delta 400
I've seen some good scans out of the Canoscan F serise.
You could just try the flatbed, might by passable with b/w, you'll probably have to do a reversal in edit though.
Silverprint have a minimum order, I think its £35, there are plenty of 5 packs on ebay.

You might want to also consider Kodak BW400CN. This is a film that gives B&W results but can be processed through a normal C41 colour neg process.Your local minlab can process it ( providing they can handle 120

Back