a couple of intimates

Edit My Images
No
Just like it says on the tin:

hrr20100108-045.jpg

hrr20100114-019.jpg

I love the texture and colour of number 1. I think it would make a lovely wall print.
Good work Hamish (y)

cheers
one thing I was wondering though, do these come under landscapes or nature images? they sort of straddle the fold a bit in my mind

Yep indeedy its a tricky one. But I think they are more Nature because to me landscapes are wide angle complete scenes? :shrug:

Either way I love em!

Have you thought about getting either on canvas?

The detail on the first is fantastic but i would have liked to have seen the leaf on the junction of 2 3rds, which i think would make the composition easier on the eye.

They are stunning.
The textures look like its been done roughly with pastels.
Would agree, both would look very nice on a canvas!

no, haven't considered canvases. I think they'd be better suited to glicee style printing.

Number 1 is lovely! Boost the contrast and/or saturation a little? Square crop might be nice too. I would consider putting that on my wall :)

boosting the saturation or contrast would make it something that it wasn't in my mind, it was a pretty dull grey day but the shapes beneath the ice were still visible, some subtly so others more prominent, in a sort of laying effect

I like both of those a lot. It's lovely to stop and spend time photographing the wonders that sometimes get missed as we walk right over them.

Photographing the landscape, photographing nature. Much the same thing in my book. (y)

Cheers dazza, it might be the David Ward books I read recently - perhaps a bit wordy for some but push on through and it makes sense...as well as makes you think a bit more about what to shoot and how. it's started to sink in slowly!

David is a wordy old soul isn't he, but as you say, well worth the effort.

His latest book is much more like those from his stable mates, Cornish and Waite. For me, even a tad more impressive too.

agreed, though it's clear when comparing images across the board who shot what...demonstrates it's certainly NOT the camera

Back