A curious question - post shower, pre-towelling practice.

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
When I have finished showering I normally wipe water from my skin with my hands before stepping out and towelling dry. My son does the same (learned behaviour). He recently made the observation that this behaviour is unique in the circle of people he knows. I am therefore interested to find out if anyone else does this, or if it's truly unusual.

So does anyone else wipe water off after a shower before towelling?

The Sound of Music strikes

Yep

I usually stand outside the car when it goes through the "whirly-wash" - wax, undersill wash and blow dry.

When I do have to shower at home (only wash the car once a month!), I squeegee myself with my hands as the OP suggests. I tried shaking myself like a wet dog but just gave myself a headache.

When I was younger and didn't have central heating; the whole family would wipe down after bathing/showering with a face-flannel until most of the moisture was gone before using a towel. That way, you could wring the moisture out of the flannel and save the towels from becoming too wet - it meant they didn't need washing as often either - and yes, that was preceded with a hand rub down.

Last edited:
Just a bit speshull! (Speaking for myself!!! o_O :wideyed: )

I just turn off the water and towel dry in the shower then exit. Unless you are a Wookie and exceedingly hairy, just how much water is going to be retained on your body to warrant wiping any water off with your hands first?

I just turn off the water and towel dry in the shower then exit. Unless you are a Wookie and exceedingly hairy, just how much water is going to be retained on your body to warrant wiping any water off with your hands first?

You could try it and see for yourself.

When I have finished showering I normally wipe water from my skin with my hands before stepping out and towelling dry. My son does the same (learned behaviour). He recently made the observation that this behaviour is unique in the circle of people he knows. I am therefore interested to find out if anyone else does this, or if it's truly unusual.

Yep. But I use a flannel. A bit like using a leather on a car.

I use a flannel on me and a squeegee on the shower cubicle. :)

I live in a static caravan and do all I can to reduce moisture inside. (and I hate cleaning the shower!) :naughty:

Could it be COD ? :)

Yes, but I use a flannel.

Dave

Anyone else reminded of the One Foot in Grave scene where Meldrew berated his neighbour for not using a flannel?

To a small extent, yes but a decent scrub with soapy water gets it off. ;)

a squeegee on the shower cubicle.

Get one of those window vacs, you'd be surprised how much water they suck in and keep the glass/tiles clean
I have a Karcher one that I bought when they were on offer

Last edited:
We use a rubber bladed wiper designed for cars to remove the water from our shower cubicle.

We use a rubber bladed wiper designed for cars to remove the water from our shower cubicle.

Yep that works but if like Heather you want to reduce moisture, the window vac removes the water

I get rid of excess water from my body before grabbing the towel.
Also use a squeegee thing on a handle for wiping down the tiles.

I use a towel to dry myself and my wife to wipe the tiles. Yep, I'm going straight to hell.

I grab the towel. Due to the way I use it to dry myself, I find my hands are dried by the time I towel-dry the rest of me.

Back