A driving rant !!

Name
Rikki
Edit My Images
Yes
I pull into a car park today, and park next to a guy in a BMW who's rather inconsiderately left his nearside wheels right on the lines of his chosen bay. I put my car in my chosen bay with perfect symmetry.

He winds his (limo tinted) passenger window down and gestures.

I wind my window down.

He says quite noncholontly "How am I spose to get someone in that side of my car now ?"

I look down at the space in between our cars, look back up at him before replying, "Put YOUR car straight in that bay and you'll have no problem", I smile politely and look away.

He starts to get agitiated and replies "I cant, theres a tree on my side so I wont be able to get out this side"

"Pick a different space then", I reply !!

He gets the huff then, puts his window up and straightens his car.

Now, I imagine a few people here drive BMW's so I'm not aiming this at BMW drivers ;), but what gives people the right to assume they deserve more space than everybody else who has to use the same car park !! ??

Just one of a succession of driving rants to come from me ! I'm really bad with my temper these days, but then, the standard of driving by LOTS AND LOTS of people is terrible and they deserve it !!

lol, typical bmw driver - think they own the road LOL*

*the above is only a stereotype

Good on you for a) making the point and b) standing your ground :clap:

btw, I drive a BMW too :LOL:

Nice one mate, Stand your ground i say :)

But i hope he didn't make you angry and you raced you car away :)

I don't think BMW owners think they own the road as much as Merc C Class or A Class drivers, they wind me up more but hey, it is just a person that likes that car. Nothing agaist them :)

Hehe, I remember just after my Driving Test (which I passed first time btw), my parents picked me up and we saw a woman almost drive into a parent with a pram, my dad then went to speak to the woman and explain to her that she'd almost hit the person with the pram and she went crazy at my dad!

We walked off to our car and the woman in the car then went and blocked us off! This was totally out of order and my dad went out to reasonably speak to the woman and again, she went crazy at him! She finally left...

Some people eh?

My Dad drives a BMW. I drive an Astra (for now!). BMWs are nice to drive but not very efficient so he was probably saving on petrol by just leaving the car how he'd parked it in the first place, hehe or he should learn to park! I find people with big cars (not aiming it at anyone in particular) can't really drive them anyway....normally more money then sense! :p

Shoot them...it's the only way...

You offering your services there :p?

Nice to hear you stood your ground, nice one (y)

They have nothing on Nissan Micra drivers! Most of them couldn't see the white lines never mind manage to park between them!

yup. sounds like a BMW driver alright

tell him he can park in two spaces when he buys two tickets. Sounds like the automotive equivalent of people on trains who think its OK to put their bag on a seat whilst everyone has to stand up. I'm quite a large bloke and I find that the best thing to do is begin to sit on the seat anyway and pretend you aint seen the bag. They move it pretty fast

I'm quite a large bloke and I find that the best thing to do is begin to sit on the seat anyway and pretend you aint seen the bag. They move it pretty fast

I do that anyway...I hate it when people sit next to you when there is loads of other sets they can sit in but they chose to sit next to you-does my head in so I end up moving!! :razz:

I almost died of shock today. I saw a BMW indicating...
I thought they didnt have indicators fitted...:D

:agree: Couldnt agree more! And those big massive 4'4s have a tendancy not to indicate often enough!!

another thing, after toyotas "hugely sucessful" the car infront is a toyota adverts in the 90's. how come its always a sodding toyota that is indeed infront and holding you up driving at 25mph in a 60 limit......

especially the SE (senile edition) varients of the nissan micra.

god i hate micras

i bought my wife a white 1.2 LPG nissan micra. I drove it with 4 adults to Bristol at 110mph. Poor little car. Was quite impressed it went that fast, though.
Build quality was appalling though.

another thing, after toyotas "hugely sucessful" the car infront is a toyota adverts in the 90's. how come its always a sodding toyota that is indeed infront and holding you up driving at 25mph in a 60 limit......

Because speed kills! REMEMBER!!!! (why is there no tongue in cheek emoticon?)

As for BMW drivers being poor, all I can say is "People who live in glass houses...."

Now VW Passat drivers, they're something else!

i bought my wife a white 1.2 LPG nissan micra. I drove it with 4 adults to Bristol at 110mph. Poor little car. Was quite impressed it went that fast, though.
Build quality was appalling though.

You must of had one hell of a tail wind!! :LOL:

I would also point out that I drive a "big massive 4x4" I always use my indicators, don't speed around towns etc, and I'm generally nice to other road users. I do around 35k miles a year, I see plenty of idiots in all kinds of cars. I had a woman in a Fiat cinquento undertake me on the M1 the other day. I was doing 90 in the fast lane with a queue of cars in front of me. She was one of the worst I've seen in a while.

It also ranges from people in the smallest cars, right up to the largest aticulated wagons.

I would also point out that I drive a "big massive 4x4" I always use my indicators, don't speed around towns etc, and I'm generally nice to other road users. I do around 35k miles a year, I see plenty of idiots in all kinds of cars. I had a woman in a Fiat cinquento undertake me on the M1 the other day. I was doing 90 in the fast lane with a queue of cars in front of me. She was one of the worst I've seen in a while.

It also ranges from people in the smallest cars, right up to the largest aticulated wagons.

I'm still not letting you out of a side road :) :)

:LOL: thats ok... I'll just pull out, I am in a 4x4 after all :D :LOL:

LOL

I gotta say, i never thought of having a 4x4 as i prefer my cars to have a low centre of gravity, but i was on the A4 yesterday where if you want to turn right, you have to drive a mile all the way to the roundabout, go all the way around, and then back the way you came for another mile. The guy in front of me had one of those horrible BMW X3s and just drove over the central reservation and turned right. Gotta say i wanted a 4x4 right at that moment :)

would also point out that I drive a "big massive 4x4" I always use my indicators, don't speed around towns etc, and I'm generally nice to other road users. I do around 35k miles a year, I see plenty of idiots in all kinds of cars. I had a woman in a Fiat cinquento undertake me on the M1 the other day. I was doing 90 in the fast lane with a queue of cars in front of me. She was one of the worst I've seen in a while.

Why where you doing 90mph badgerbaiter? :naughty: :naughty: Enough said! :LOL:

its a tinted window thing. he looks cool , but cant see where he,s going.
sadly there are lots of drivers out there who,s driving is carp. well done for putting your point over without resorting to pulling his head off .your obviously a lot more patient than i am.
years ago ,a neighbour of my inlaws reversed out of their drive, ten yards up the road , and into the front of my LANDROVER. wrecking the bumper on their mondeo and just marking the paint on the steel bumper of the landy. she then jumps out the car and moans that the landy shouldnt be parked there, across the inlaws drive. its parked perfectly legaly , on bright summer day, with a WHITE BUMPER AND BIG BULLBAR on the front.street is about 18 feet wide with one motor parked on it, yup, mine.
i beleive my reply had the word OFF in it.
some people just shouldnt have a licence.
the mondeo was two months old. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
apparently her hubby could be heard shouting from the other end of the street when he came home.:LOL:
needless to say, they didnt ask for my insurance details.:LOL:

Speeding in towns is pointless...ok, I'm an offender every now and then! Only when necessary :LOL::LOL: Don't do it to show off like those in big cars do :razz:

years ago ,a neighbour of my inlaws reversed out of their drive, ten yards up the road , and into the front of my LANDROVER. wrecking the bumper on their mondeo and just marking the paint on the steel bumper of the landy. she then jumps out the car and moans that the landy shouldnt be parked there, across the inlaws drive. its parked perfectly legaly , on bright summer day, with a WHITE BUMPER AND BIG BULLBAR on the front.street is about 18 feet wide with one motor parked on it, yup, mine.QUOTE]

:LOL::LOL:
Had a 2 1/4 long wheel base ages ago, some muppet cut me up on a roundabout, took the entire nearside off his car, scratched the Landy's bumper. :LOL::LOL:(y)

Someone actually parked on my driveway the other day inaneredstripe, can you believe it!

They moved it pretty sharp when I got the truck out and started to attach a towing chain to their towing eye on their car :D

Then they had the cheek to ask me what I was doing. I said "er... I would like to park MY car on MY drive, if thats ok with you?"

:LOL:

Matty,
where do you get the idea that the outside lane is the fast lane.
It is in fact called the outside overtaking lane.
And why were you doing [ 90] . do 4x4 drivers have the right to that.... i suppose :nono:

Oh boy 110 ina Micra...... Zoom... Zooom......Zooooooooom
BANG.:wacky::)

I have to say that "queuing" in lane 3 of the motorway just because there's blockage several hundred metres up the road is also VERY bad road craft! And if somebody undertakes in that instance (ie passes because of the flow of traffic) it's actually those in lane 3 that are in the wrong!

I don't mean moving into lane 2 JUST to undertake by the way!

I agree with you nathan, but cutting from 3 to 2, undertaking then moving back into 3 is wrong.

arrow-down.jpg

I don't mean moving into lane 2 JUST to undertake by the way!

But even THAT is a grey area. The over riding rule is that unless you are CURRENTLY overtaking you should move back to the left. Half the time it's just laziness or lack of skill/confidence that makes people stick to a lane.

Middle lane hoggers :shake: :rules:

More and more of these lately.

Back