A few cliché Mono shots!

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Had a trip to Snowdonia last week for 3-4 days, I'll upload the non cliché later in a different thread, but while I was driving past these locations I thought it rude not to have a quick pit stop!

First up Burnham

Swirl by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

Next Birnbeck Pier in Weston Super-Mare

Diagonals by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

Trwyn Du Lighthouse

Rainy Days by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

Finally that tree at Llanberis

That Tree by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

Neil strikes again! :rolleyes:

They may be cliche but they are all superbly seen taken and processed by you Neil. It would be rude not to stop at such spots.

I am torn between 1 & 3 but edging towards 3

Like em all mate. Good job.
Cheers chap :)

Neil strikes again! :rolleyes:
Thanks Daniel

They may be cliche but they are all superbly seen taken and processed by you Neil. It would be rude not to stop at such spots.

I am torn between 1 & 3 but edging towards 3
Cheers Alf, think 3 is my favourite as well!

Fantastic set Neil

Your ability to add a whole new spin through processing on these cliche shots sets them apart from the rest.
Thanks Rich, very kind of you :)

Nice photos Neil as usual.

Cliche - yuck! What a rank word. Please never use it again and realise that whilst the pictures might be similar to others, it's your OWN interpretation and your OWN interpretation hasn't been over-used on these subjects now has it? Now toddle along and get us some more pictures Mr Burnell ;)

P.S. that goes for the rest of you talking about cliches.

Some real beauties mate.
Thanks matey

Superb as always, 1+3 for me.
Cheers Dale

Nice photos Neil as usual.

Cliche - yuck! What a rank word. Please never use it again and realise that whilst the pictures might be similar to others, it's your OWN interpretation and your OWN interpretation hasn't been over-used on these subjects now has it? Now toddle along and get us some more pictures Mr Burnell ;)

P.S. that goes for the rest of you talking about cliches.
Thanks Kris :) I tend to look at it that way myself if I'm honest and I always try and put my own spin on things as you say. Times going to be limited now for the rest of the year for me but will try upload some more pics from the trip soon and get out when I can :)

Gorgeous set, Neil.
The Llanberis tree is especially lovely.

2 and 3 for me - really well seen and lovely processing as always. How did you get onto the rocks at Birnbeck - I've not managed to find a way down yet.

Showing your class there Neil.
Cheers Scott

another lovely set
Thanks Holty

Gorgeous set, Neil.
The Llanberis tree is especially lovely.
Thanks Ruth :)

Wonderful photography
Cheers JBW

As I don't know the area and haven't seen countless similar shots, I am looking at these, fresh.
I can only say I wish I were able to take cliche's as good as these.
Super set, with Rainy Days just pipping it for me.
Thanks Derek, very kind :)

2 and 3 for me - really well seen and lovely processing as always. How did you get onto the rocks at Birnbeck - I've not managed to find a way down yet.
Cheers Toni :)

Theres some steps down on the left hand side, this shot was taken from the steps, be careful of some of the rocks, they are super slippy!

Lovely set there Neil, love the two lighthouse images. The Burnham one really makes it look as desolate as it looks in real life.

Everyone is highlighting the processing. I'm just at the beginning of what will be a looooong journey into post processing. What are the basics applied here, particularly pic 3 which really stands out to me?

First and last for me Neil, they are all good but nothing wrong with cliches when you do them this well with your own style.

Lovely set there Neil, love the two lighthouse images. The Burnham one really makes it look as desolate as it looks in real life.

They’re all belters

All great as usual, but I love the pier.

Everyone is highlighting the processing. I'm just at the beginning of what will be a looooong journey into post processing. What are the basics applied here, particularly pic 3 which really stands out to me?

First and last for me Neil, they are all good but nothing wrong with cliches when you do them this well with your own style.
Thanks all, much appreciated.

Learn the basic tools in Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom first. I use a lot or Gradient, Radial and brush adjustments to bring out details and lighten/darken areas.

Back