A few droplets

Name
Angi
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive not played with droplets for around 8 months or so now and saying as its wet outside Ive decided to have a wet weekend inside too ;)
These are my efforts from day 1. Tomorrow Im trying different methods and hoping for collision shots, but not sure I will manage any as Ive no high tec equipment.
I used flat coke in a glass bowl, and milk mixed with water. I used a piece of orange plastic for the background, with a light shining on it. I used my ring flash, hand held slightly to one side for some shots and on camera for some. I used a syringe for the drops but tomorrow I will be using a bag instead. These are all pretty much straight out of the camera, sharpenned and noise reduced. Some have contrast increased thats all.
4099937029_4e4057fe48_o.jpg

4100691694_83ba09e5a0_o.jpg

4100691570_0f520d4185_o.jpg

4100691828_36514754d5_o.jpg

4100692692_c16d29a136_o.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/AngiNelson/macro/droplets506s.jpg

Last edited:
can't get enough of these types of shot, yours are particulally nice too! :D

Vi x

Beautiful colours and nice and sharp too(y) Good luck with the collisions, I'm thinking of having another go tomorrow too - that's if I can stop the siphon leaking:LOL:

Excellent, nicely timed shots (y) Love the colours and framing :clap:

stunning all of them, but no5 fascinates me

Not a technical critique, but I did gasp when the photos rolled into my browser. In a good way, you understand. The lighting and colours of these are particularly striking, I feel.

One of the best sets of droplets i have seen on here. Well done. I cant wait to do some myself. You inspire me.

Stew

Aw thank you all for the lovely comments, there are much better droplet sets than these on here, but I'm glad a few people like mine.
Ive struggled all weekend with the collision images and they are very poor, even out of 1500 images I'm still very unhappy with the results, so any tips would be welcome.

More from that set that I didnt post as the white of the milk got burnt out, but I quite like the "glow"

droplets423s.jpg

droplets439s.jpg

#2 is my pick from a great set. 1500 images :runaway: now that is dedication.

Hi Angi .. Excellent sharpness and timing on these shots :clap: Were these latest ones taken with the flash on camera? I only ask as the best results I get is from indirect / reflected light :thinking:

Hi Angi .. Excellent sharpness and timing on these shots :clap: Were these latest ones taken with the flash on camera? I only ask as the best results I get is from indirect / reflected light :thinking:
Thanks
Ive been using my macro ring flash, mainly off camera, slightly to the side and angled at the background above the droplet usually.

excellent 2 and 5 are great captures - I too have being playing with technique but as yet have manged to capture the crown on the top of the splash.

keep it up - its great fun ;)

Back