A few from Colchester

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
No
Thought I'd post a couple of pics from my visit a couple of weeks ago. More to try and help keep this forum fresh than for comments/critique, but any comments are welcome.

There are a few more on Flickr from the sequence where the male lion (Bailey) is shaking his mane if you are interested.

(They really are just big puddy tats when you watch them long enough!)

Or if you fancy something a bit different to Lions:

(bit of a noisy image but my favourite to watch!)

Thanks for looking,

Gary

Very niiiice takes Gary!
May I suggest a rendition and crop of this apparently irascible fellow?:

lion%201.jpg

the little monkey reminds me of my granddad!

I love the swooshy mane lion, just he's just stepped out of a salon....

I have a photo of my (sadly not with us any more) cat looking similarly crazy when shaking her head (was long haired)

Oooh hello stranger :wave:
Love that shakey lion second one is so amusing :D
Back light bird is lovely too.
In fact they are all pretty good (y)

@Kodiak Qc sorry but I don't like your edit, the crop is too tight for me and colours false

This is a lovely set - love the stare down from the lion in the first but shame about the background. I'm not sure cropping it in works much better than leaving the slightly dodgy BG in though. Second bird is my pick of the bunch.

Thanks for all the comments. I agree the Loreal Lion bg lets the image down. If I get some time on the pc and get rid of the man flu I may open these up in PS, I just done basic edits in LR.

I think the low vantage point for the lion shots was a lucky break and would try and shoot from there again.

I generally try to get the bird displays without the handlers but I really like the backlit shot. The last bird shot was another right place right time shot. The right place turned out to be with my boy in with all the buggies and wheelchairs. I applaud Colchester for improving their displays for those of us stuck in the corner!

I see, Ingrid, you prefer the greenish cast… legitimate!

They don't have a greenish tint of any of my screens, look quite natural, your edit on the other hand has a magenta caste
Someone will be along shortly to disagree with me no doubt

Cracking set Gary, I do love the two hair styles, on the lion, but the two lioness's are the winners for me (y)

Someone will be along shortly to disagree with me no doubt
:wave:
I'll disagree with you if you like,

your edit on the other hand has a magenta caste
but in this instance I can't ;)

Back