A few from Paris

robhooley167

Sir, my fingers are stuck together
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi gang

A few shots from Paris over the summer, rather uncharacteristically for me, they are all colour...

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Tricolore ish by Rob Hooley, on Flickr

Arc de Triomphe by Rob Hooley, on Flickr

Sacre Coeur by Rob Hooley, on Flickr

Dead Space by Rob Hooley, on Flickr

801_zpszbjuhley.jpg

Except for this one... I lied...

825_zpsrqopo4bx.jpg

Rob

Last edited:
Great shots - we were there in early December in some lovely sun too. Not too sure about the leaning Arc de Triomphe but that's more personal taste. Good exposures and compositions

Great shots - we were there in early December in some lovely sun too. Not too sure about the leaning Arc de Triomphe but that's more personal taste. Good exposures and compositions

Thanks for the comments, I imagined the Arc de Triomphe shot would be a bit divisive, I have a more conventional one, but I figured we all knew what it looked like from that angle!

Really like the danger sign. Something about the sign (especially in a foreign language), the height, the cobwebs, the out-of-focus train tracks, really suggests confusion and panic to me. I'd have called it "Suicide" ;)

(I fancy the colour balance on it is off a tad, though. It's a bit green)

I like the domes a lot, but I think most of the interest is in the repeating pattern of baby dome, mummy dome, and daddy dome. A tighter framing (or crop) I think would remove the distraction and concentrate on that. Something like this maybe:

24585139206_409e99c414_h.jpg

Edit: Actually, I think I've cropped it too close on the left, but, still, point stands.

Last edited:
Really like the danger sign. Something about the sign (especially in a foreign language), the height, the cobwebs, the out-of-focus train tracks, really suggests confusion and panic to me. I'd have called it "Suicide" ;)

Agreed, having had another look at it you're totally right, I'll have a tinker in lightroom!

I like the domes a lot, but I think most of the interest is in the repeating pattern of baby dome, mummy dome, and daddy dome. A tighter framing (or crop) I think would remove the distraction and concentrate on that. Something like this maybe:

View attachment 55355

Edit: Actually, I think I've cropped it too close on the left, but, still, point stands.

I like your crop, as you say maybe a little tight on the left, but I get the idea you were going for.

I've tweaked this a bit now, seems to be a bit more realistic... :D

Love all of these Rob, a very eclectic and interesting set.

Tried that with the Arc de triomph but mine didn't come out as well. Very good set of pics

Back