A few from Scotland

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Spent a very enjoyable half term in Scotland in spite of the poor wet conditions, nearly 4 out of 6 days and even though frustrating, it didn't dampen my enthusiasm when the weather improved.....

Loch Ailort

Loch Ailort by Neil Almond, on Flickr

Eilean Donan

Medieval by Neil Almond, on Flickr

Stalker Castle..bright light.

Stalker Castle by Neil Almond, on Flickr

Fairy Pools (Walk half killed me)

Glen Brittle by Neil Almond, on Flickr

More Fairy Pools....

The Pools by Neil Almond, on Flickr

Elgol...climb nearly killed me...

Alien by Neil Almond, on Flickr

Glencoe - wife nearly killed me....4 attempts on different days to capture Bucha.....Etiv Mor....epic fail each time due to the weather....boggy..nearly lost a welly......so thought I'd have a go at a long exposure...7 mins I think..

Glencoe by Neil Almond, on Flickr

Last edited:
Scotland very dark and moody. What the hell is this sky in 6! Rain, dark cloud, light cloud, bits of blue sky, low clouds, all at once! That a great shot!

I like the tone in 2 and 3 they could be taken out for a thread of their own, they work well together.

I love all the shots but
hate all the frames! :cool:

Great set Neil I love 1 & 6

Cheers Alf.
great set, love the moody pix.Love the lighting

Thanks Allan.

Scotland very dark and moody. What the hell is this sky in 6! Rain, dark cloud, light cloud, bits of blue sky, low clouds, all at once! That a great shot!

I like the tone in 2 and 3 they could be taken out for a thread of their own, they work well together.

Elgol was epic weather wise...got a couple of LE's too.

I love all the shots but
hate all the frames! :cool:

Thanks Kodak......I like the frames!

Worth the wait in the end mate. Some cracking moody shots. Looking forward to having a proper look on a big screen :)

Cheers mate...thankful for at least a couple of dry days, wasn't looking good to be honest...looking forward to returning next year.

lovely shots
you need to visit again to get black cottage + etive mor with better light

These are great, nice to see some landscape photos that actually have some shadows and mood. My favourites are the first and third, with the first being the best I think

lovely shots
you need to visit again to get black cottage + etive mor with better light

Etiv Mor...tried and failled....be up there next year for another go! Cheers Holty.

Lovely set Neil, I think that first one is one of your best personally

Cheers mate, kind words indeed.

Elgol shot for me. The little bit of light makes it. - it is a very good picture. The others are too dark in mood to really appeal to my tastes.

Cheers Steve.

These are great, nice to see some landscape photos that actually have some shadows and mood. My favourites are the first and third, with the first being the best I think

Thanks Carl.

That first one is pretty epic mate

Thanks mate.

Thats a lovely set Neil

Appreciate it Tom.

Really good set. Quite often 'not so good weather' can make for more appealing photos. Still, a day or to of sunshine wouldn't go amiss.:)

#7 troubles me.

It's the one that I have come back to look at again a couple of times It doesn't work for me and yet it feels as if it could.

This is one of the reasons I like these forums. Food for thought. Thanks to those who take the trouble to post images.

Thats a superb set Neil, looks like a very successful trip.

Cheers buddy
Lovely set of images. I love the Elgol shot

Thanks Birdy

Really good set. Quite often 'not so good weather' can make for more appealing photos. Still, a day or to of sunshine wouldn't go amiss.:)

Thanks John.....I actually prefer 'dullish' weather!

#7 troubles me.

It's the one that I have come back to look at again a couple of times It doesn't work for me and yet it feels as if it could.

This is one of the reasons I like these forums. Food for thought. Thanks to those who take the trouble to post images.

Thanks Andrew, I like honesty!

Cracking set Neil, as I said before, that Elgol image is a beauty.

Appreciate it Paul.

They all work for me, especially the first. You see hundreds of the other shots but there's not another #1. :)

Good point Scott, thanks!

Good point Scott, thanks!
For me that's the measure of a good landscape photographer. One who doesn't rely on a popular location or specific conditions. One who can go anywhere in any conditions on any day and produce a quality picture. For me you've succeeded in that department.

Last edited:
For me that's the measure of a good landscape photographer. One who doesn't rely on a popular locations or specific conditions. One who can go anywhere in any conditions on any day and produce a quality picture. For me you've succeeded in that department.

Agreed and cheers!

Thanks Andrew, I like honesty!

Well #7 continues to trouble me! I had to go back yet again.

I think I'd crop it from the left - maintaining aspect ratio - losing about 1/10 or 1/8. Then subtly lighten the cottage and its outbuilding a wee bit to make them stand out more. It would then be my favourite.

Last edited:
Super - heavy, ominous cloud works well (y)

Well #7 continues to trouble me! I had to go back yet again.

I think I'd crop it from the left - maintaining aspect ratio - losing about 1/10 or 1/8. Then subtly lighten the cottage and its outbuilding a wee bit to make them stand out more. It would then be my favourite.

Whatever floats your boat!

The Loch Ailort shot as already mentioned is superb. Well worth printing and hanging up at home.

I will also say that the Elgol shot is one of my absolute favourites I have seen from there, awesome shot, and whilst we have quite different styles in processing, yours suits these conditions an absolute treat Neil.

Best shots from you for ages. To be fair, maybe you consider like I do that local photography is just practice for trips like this where the epic scenery combined with in your case a decent amount of skill can them come together.

The Loch Ailort shot as already mentioned is superb. Well worth printing and hanging up at home.

I will also say that the Elgol shot is one of my absolute favourites I have seen from there, awesome shot, and whilst we have quite different styles in processing, yours suits these conditions an absolute treat Neil.

Thanks Craig.

Best shots from you for ages. To be fair, maybe you consider like I do that local photography is just practice for trips like this where the epic scenery combined with in your case a decent amount of skill can them come together.

I never go out with the intention of practicing but I think sometimes it ends up like that with limited time, locations and conditions to deal with.

Thanks Craig.

I never go out with the intention of practicing but I think sometimes it ends up like that with limited time, locations and conditions to deal with.

Yes, same here. I always enjoy the photography itself, local or further afield. But results wise it sometimes feels like local stuff is a rehearsal for the main event of travelling to epic places.

Great shots and sat up in South West Scotland at the moment using the site internet after being rained off I can appreciate the hard work it takes.

Might load a few of mine too but will use a new thread.

Great shots and sat up in South West Scotland at the moment using the site internet after being rained off I can appreciate the hard work it takes.

Might load a few of mine too but will use a new thread.

Cheers Tony, yes, lots of hard work, barely easy!

Back