A Few From Venice and Verona

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
No
I went to Venice last summer and am only just getting round to sorting through my pictures. Had a great time, only wished I took a proper tripod with me, instead I had to use walls to rest the camera on when necessary.

Some are very cliched I know, but comments welcome.

Venice-1 by Matt Franks, on Flickr

Venice-2 by Matt Franks, on Flickr

3. Early morning fog from our hotel window

Venice-3 by Matt Franks, on Flickr

4. This is from Casa di Gullieta in Verona

Venice-4 by Matt Franks, on Flickr

5. A couple of evening shots

Venice-5 by Matt Franks, on Flickr

6. Our Hotel 'Bonvechiati"

Venice-6 by Matt Franks, on Flickr

I have nothing bad to say about them at all. I think it's a cracking set that I'd be proud to come back with.

Some very nice shots 1-5 and 6 are best for me.......:)

This is a lovely set. No1 for me.

#1 and #8 for me cracking shots :clap:

Great stuff I love them.

I wish we had stayed in Venice.

Have you pushed the exposure levels too much?

If they're jpegs and you push the adjustment layer too hard this pixelation can happen.

You might be able to 'cheat' your way out of it by using the smudge tool carefully and blending the two areas together a little bit.

If you've got the raw files then adjust the exposure in them and see what you get.

Have you pushed the exposure levels too much?

If they're jpegs and you push the adjustment layer too hard this pixelation can happen.

You might be able to 'cheat' your way out of it by using the smudge tool carefully and blending the two areas together a little bit.

If you've got the raw files then adjust the exposure in them and see what you get.

I didn't alter the exposure, and I shot raw. What I did do though is lift the shadows and saturation in Lightroom, I guess I did it a bit too much maybe

Venice is awesome it should be on the list at some point for any photographer.

It's a shame I only had my 18-55 last time I went I need to do a revisit with all my gear :)

I love that first shot.

The rest are good too, but its the first one for me.

Phil

Great set, I was there in January and it is a fantastic place, we took some similar shots!
5 and 6 are let down by the purple pixalation, but other than that, it's all spot on! If you're interested some of mine are here.

Out of interest, are you in Uffington, Oxfordshire?

Great set, I was there in January and it is a fantastic place, we took some similar shots!
5 and 6 are let down by the purple pixalation, but other than that, it's all spot on! If you're interested some of mine are here.

Out of interest, are you in Uffington, Oxfordshire?

Hi Jake, thats a great set of Venice. January looks like a much nicer time to visit than mid July!

Yes Im in Uffington Oxfordshire, just down the road from Swindon(y)

Hi Jake, thats a great set of Venice. January looks like a much nicer time to visit than mid July!

Yes Im in Uffington Oxfordshire, just down the road from Swindon(y)

I think the light is softer and easier to work with in winter, although it's freezing cold! Thanks :)

If you ever fancy meeting up to do some shooting, let me know (y)

I just came back from Venice, wish I had anything that comes close to these to show for it!

Back