A few I took in my garden today

Not a bad set John...
I am not too keen on the border with the settings thing.... and, they are all too big in the frame for me(not sure if they have been over sharpened a tad?), but even so I quite like the 3rd and last one. (y)

Nice image's John :clap:
AND
I don't think they have been over sharpened at all Solo man these are the results when using a Leica lens :rolleyes:

:exit:

Last edited:
Some nice photos there John. I have been putting seed out in my garden, nothing has been to visit :(.

Thanks tman for the comment about sharpening I think some people seem to forget when your working on tight shots like I like doing that is with no or very little cropping that you are going to see a lot more detail where as if you take a shot of a bird 20 ft away in a tree your just not going to get that sort of detail. When I do my bird shots thery are not meant like a bird in beautiful setting but more of a close study of the subject and the reason I put the exif details on the picture is because I view them as a slide show on a 60"TV so when I look at the picture I have all the relevant details to hand. but of course if I was doing a picture for a wall I would just have the picture without any frame around it .

Cheers mate

IMHO, head turn is important in shots like this John

The trouble is these little birds are only there for about 2/3 seconds and I cant really ask them if they would be kind enough to look towards me. also I have certain limitations that stop me from waiting in a hide all day I usually have one hour tops then have to pack it in for the day so can't wait all day for the perfect pose.
John

wow great selection of images :)

Back