A few little changes

Edit My Images
No
I've done some work on my photoblog over the last couple of days so I thought I'd let you all know.

1) There's now a portfolio, which shows only my favourite images. You can see it here:
http://www.jameyhoward.com/photoblog/portfolio.php

2) The archive now shows all the thumbnails on one page and uses square thumbnails so they look nicer when next to each other:
http://www.jameyhoward.com/photoblog/archive.php

3) I've added a mailing list specifically for the photoblog. Members get an email each time a new shot is posted. The email shows a clickable thumbnail, provided your mail reader displays messages in HTML format. If you're viewing in plain text format, it just shows a plain link instead. The image isn't embedded in the email itself so it won't clog up your inbox. It just has a link to the thumbnail on my site which will display it in your mail reader.

Signing yourself up to the mailing list is easy - just put your address into the text box marked 'mailing list' on any of the main (full-size) picture pages of the photoblog. Unsubscribing is equally simple - there's a clickable link at the bottom of each email that will remove you from the list. And it goes without saying that I'd never use the addresses for spam or give them to anyone else.

4) I'm going to be adding an RSS feed to the site, hopefully tomorrow. So those of you who use RSS readers can make use of it. I'll post back here with the URL once I've written the page.

5) the comments box at the bottom will now remember your entries for the 'Name' and 'Website' fields, provided you have cookies enabled. This will save you having to type them in manually every single time, as was previously the case.

Phew. I feel tired just listing them. I'm starting to see lines of code appearing before my eyes. Time for a lie down.

Very proffesional Jamie. Interesting that most of my favourites don't appear in your selection.....making me think, how about letting your readers vote for their top ten say....would be fun. (You know your not that tired ;) )

Looking good, my favourite is still "Natural Self / Keno 1" - just got soo much style to it, composition, colours ( and I dont even like yellow) but it just works for me.:thumb:

The "Laughing Postman" is another great shot.

Agree with DJW that a poll would be a great idea:)

Thanks for the update:clap:

Hmmm... A poll... It could work. But it might discourage people from leaving comments, which I like. Even if people just say 'nice shot' or 'don't like this one', I still like getting them.

Out of interest, what are your faves DJW?

looks great Jamey, cant seem to find us in your links though! :p

Heh. Sorry. It's like anything in life - knowing where to draw the line. Don't take offence. There's a few forums I use (not just for photography, other stuff too) but I can't really link every site I like or it's just be a huge, hard-to-navigate mess.

As it is, some of those links are dead. I need to have a look through at some point.

fingerz said:
Hmmm... A poll... It could work. But it might discourage people from leaving comments, which I like. Even if people just say 'nice shot' or 'don't like this one', I still like getting them.

Out of interest, what are your faves DJW?

Abandoned Bath is my favourite (couldn't find it from thumbnails) , although on 2nd scan I must admit from your top list I would also have chosen 1,5,10,14 & 16. Great shots matey :thumb:

Back