A few rugby shots from today

I did set up selling photos when my lad was younger, to raise funds for his junior team, raised quite a bit selling photos, keyrings, fridge magnets, etc. Now the lads are all grown up they just want to use them as profile pics on facebook lol. I've also done a couple of paid jobs doing profile and team pics, but most club do their own. Like I say, it is just a hobby, I get pleasure out of seeing the results and then editing them. I'd love to be able to shoot a professional game but these days unless you've got a license from the RFL no chance of that.

Last edited:
You desperately need to remember your stool next time. Even without one, just crouch down when play is coming towards you. Will improve your shots so much.

Also don't forget to straighten your pics.

Yea, I just meant images with more than one player in. Good stuff, just try to get the ball visible in shot too. Cropping is always difficult, but I just try to really focus in on the area of interest.

Nothing wrong with doing this as a hobby obviously but it's quite easy to set up selling your shots to the players for a few quid. Failing that, I'd be suggesting that for any players that wanted a photo they'd get me a beer in the clubhouse!

ha ha selling the shots to the players !! I know most of the lads from the team tracey has taken these shots from and even trying to get the time from them is a proper challenge !!
I too did a couple of seasons with them really enjoyed i,t don't the club want any putting up in the clubhouse ? I have some up the last time I looked

ha ha selling the shots to the players !! I know most of the lads from the team tracey has taken these shots from and even trying to get the time from them is a proper challenge !!

I don't understand what's funny about that but fair enough. Each to their own, I shoot lots of local football and rugby and sell shots to the players and their families.

Are you saying that they players aren't interested in the photos unless they're free? Or that they just aren't interested in the photos full stop?

I'm not telling Tracey to sell them but just because you turn up and shoot a game, doesn't mean that anyone should expect to get them for nowt!

I don't understand what's funny about that but fair enough. Each to their own, I shoot lots of local football and rugby and sell shots to the players and their families.

Are you saying that they players aren't interested in the photos unless they're free? Or that they just aren't interested in the photos full stop?

I'm not telling Tracey to sell them but just because you turn up and shoot a game, doesn't mean that anyone should expect to get them for nowt!

The lads do like the photos Steven, but there has never been any suggestion that I sell the photos. I put them on the team's facebook page and get lots of decent feedback. I'm quite chuffed when I see that one of them has used them for their display pic on there. I just see it as part of supporting my son and his team, I've done it wherever he's played to be honest.

You desperately need to remember your stool next time. Even without one, just crouch down when play is coming towards you. Will improve your shots so much.

Also don't forget to straighten your pics.
Thanks I'll remember the stool!!! As for straightening, I always do. As I said above on the most recent photos I posted there is a slight hill behind one end of the pitch, if I'd made the ground level straight the posts would have been wonky! Our local newspaper had photos on their website recently that were so wonky it was unbelievable, I couldn't believe they had them on there and they were by the paper's photographer, made me look even more carefully at mine.

The lads do like the photos Steven, but there has never been any suggestion that I sell the photos. I put them on the team's facebook page and get lots of decent feedback. I'm quite chuffed when I see that one of them has used them for their display pic on there. I just see it as part of supporting my son and his team, I've done it wherever he's played to be honest.

That's great, I'm not saying you should sell them, I'm just saying that I would!

im not being funny at all !! I was just raising a smile because I know most of the players and was referring to them and not Tracey at all in fact I take my hat off to her for doing what she does, there are too many teams in our region going unnoticed because of the lack of media coverage in grassroots sport, in fact I would encourage Tracey to send some photos in to our local paper
Tracey if I have offended you im sorry but I was just poking a bit of fun at some of the players and not you

glad to hear that, not sure if you do know me although I have been a club photographer at the same club your at now so maybe from there

ha ha no I used to be one of rovers club photographers when I registered on here I now work across the west side at hull fc

Would probably know you by sight then! You there tomorrow night? Used to take my camera to kc but don't think I'd get away with it these days!

yeah im there, and tell your fellow robin fans not to soak me in beer like they usually do ha ha

And to think I get criticised for images that aren't straight!! This is from the local newspaper website!

9780170.jpg

Whats that say along the bottom.. can't quite make it out?

Kept looking at all the togs lastnight wondering which one was you Steve! Can we see your photos from lastnight anywhere?
I was sat towards the touchline at your end first then I changed ends, you could always pop into the clubshop to take a look at some of my photos !!

Back