A Film Meet For Us Northern People (because we feel all left out)

PMN

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Eh up northern folk!

Right, while the southerners enjoy their tea and cake pretending to be all sophisticated I suggest we find a dirty northern town, go take some blurry photos, eat fish and chips and end up in a pub abusing Hooley. Who's game? :D

The Hooley and myself were in a pub last night and he came up with the idea of York as a potential location for us to descend upon. It's easy to get to, it's an interesting city, the National Rail Museum is free and has lots of stuff well suited to film (and they allow tripods), and potentially more importantly, it's a fine drinking city! Just to randomly throw some dates out there and gauge interest, how does either the Saturday or Sunday of the 22/23 Feb sound?

What d'ya reckon northerners? :)

Oh so very very tempting, I really enjoy York. I doubt I've got the funds but let me go check and get back to you.

As a concept it has wings... but I think my in-laws have numerous birthdays around that date so I may not be available. I shall make enquiries of the current Mrs Snap and get back to you.

Andy

That's what you call north? It's way to south for me! ;)

Everythings the south to you Orcadians...except for your very close friends on Sh*tland.:D

defo for me i need to check my shifts tho

Be rude not to I suppose :)

Everythings the south to you Orcadians...except for your very close friends on Sh*tland.:D

Hehe, that's very true!
When I arrived to Orkney I use to say "mainland" when I talk about Scotland. But then I was told off! Mainland is the main island of orkney! So I asked how to you call scotland mainland? which I was answered: "south" (prononced sooss).

I'll stop waisting your post. Have a nice meet guys! Also I might be sooss the weekend before the 22 of march so if you're date fit!

That's what you call north? It's way to south for me! ;)

Maybe we can have our own meeting for the real northeners? Looking at the weather maybe when the ferries are on again

Anything from Portsmouth upwards is north to me! Where are those southern northerners going?

Steve.

If you're thinking of a Highland meet, better in around May before the midges get too horrendous? (Of course if we were Real Men it would be February...)

If you're thinking of a Highland meet, better in around May before the midges get too horrendous?

When I went to Arran, I was told that drinking beer was a good midge repellant. I don't know if it's true and I didn't care!

Steve.

I went diving in Orkney it was good, mind you some guy got shot dead in the curry house the night before.

just checked rota no can do those dates its the weekend i finish nights so could do sunday but will be a zombie :-(

Any date apart from the one the eastern meet ends up on. Oh and preferably not a bank holiday weekend.

Is this going ahead for the 22nd/23rd then?

I think I can make this on either day now. Lets get it on folks.

I would love to but I cannot do that weekend as I do not finish night shifts till the Sat Night.

Ah well, maybe next time Paul.

Shall we go for the Saturday then?

Sounds good to me Rob lad, I'll just have to clear it with mission control but I don't forsee any probs.

So where and which date is it? I'll have a look at the train prices and might join you if it's cheap.

York on the 22nd, do your best lad.

Trains only £50 but I'm not sure I'll be able to clear it with the boss...

Big boy pants on Steve...

Sorry guys, won't be able to make this now. Unfortunately not enough notice so all the cheap train travel has disappeared and much as I love a trip oop north I'm not paying nearly £70 to spend an afternoon drinking with a bunch of northerners, if I want to do that I can get a one day travel card for £7 and go to Watford.

Have a great day, don't drink too much :beer:

Sorry guys, won't be able to make this now. Unfortunately not enough notice so all the cheap train travel has disappeared and much as I love a trip oop north I'm not paying nearly £70 to spend an afternoon drinking with a bunch of northerners, if I want to do that I can get a one day travel card for £7 and go to Watford.

Have a great day, don't drink too much :beer:

Get the coach and don't be a big jessie!

Shame you can't make it Nick, although I suppose that pure northern air might overwhelm you a bit :p

Reactions: PMN
Don't think I didn't check the coach timetable but if I take the coach and want to be back Saturday evening I have to leave half an hour before I arrive.

Maybe next time.

And you're righ,t northern air is not good for me, I need

Last edited:
Don't think I didn't check the coach timetable but if I take the coach and want to be back Saturday evening I have to leave half an hour before I arrive.

Maybe next time.

Best get a London meet organised then! (y)

Right, 11am at a cafe to be determined near York Station.

Be there or be rectangular.

Back