A.J.Johnstone Photographic Engineers

Name
Elaine
Edit My Images
Yes
Having problems with the above company over damage done to my equipment while with them for repair. I have it in writting on my receipt, that they did cause the damage, but they refuse to as much as return my call to discuss settling my claim. I just wondered if anyone else has had problems with them or any other company and if so how to get through to them that I am not letting this drop?

Thanks.

Sadly yes. I sent a canon 550D to them for a new focus screen and a sensor clean. It came back with more dust on the sensor and the focus screen had a fingerprint on it where i couldnt clean it off.

I sold the camera not long after so i never did anything but i wont be dealing with them in a hurry, i believe they are on the Canon list also as a prefered client. Could you not contact canon over this issue? Assuming its a canon that you sent in.

If you dont mind me asking, what have they managed to damage?

Last edited:
They are useless and have been for years!

Try contacting Canon at Elstree as they are an official Canon Service Centre.

Canon (UK) RCC
Unit 130 Centennial Park
Centennial Avenue
Elstree Hill South
Borehamwood
Elstree
Hertfordshire
WD6 3SE

Thanks for all the replies and tips. I have sent them a recorded letter today, but while I wait (without holding my breath) for some action from them, i will contact Canon. Yes it was a Canon I had repaired, but it was my harness straps they burst, hence rendering my new £50.00 harness useless.

Back