A Kingfisher

Edit My Images
Yes
A grab shot from today of this wonderful bird. Only had a chance to take 2 frames and then he was off - although we sat silently for about 30 mins after that he didn't come back.

300mm and cropped a little bit.
160th
ISO 800
F5.6
kingfisher2.jpg

Nothing compared to Mitch's set but it was nice to see it and to get any photo. Will definately be going back :)

Well done for getting the shot at all mate (y) I've always wanted to get a photo of one of these magnificiently coloured birds

Cheers guys :)

When I thought about it afterwards I realised I should have used a bit of flash really, ah well - I've learnt my lesson!

You lucky so an so, im going out this weekend to take some birdy pics not a clue what im going to end up with.

a bit noisy but who gives... its a great shot of a rarely seen bird in my opinion, i luckily saw two flying about the other day love to get a shot like this...

Thanks dsb and david - I considered running it through Noiseware this wasn't that sharp to start with so I didn't want to make it softer :)

great capture...shame about the noise, but seeing as i have only ever seen one of these i can be nothing but jealous!

Thankyou both :)

Susane, it has got rid of the noise but I'm not sure I like what it's done to his face area - Thanks anyway though :)

No problem Ewan :)

Had another go didn't touch the birdies face.:)

It helps me learn pp working on other peoples photos and getting feedback.

kingfisherE2.jpg

Well done Ewan,(y).

I waited 2 hours today, and he came back for 1 minute.

Thanks people :) (can't think of anything more original to say :thinking:)

Mitch, the good thing about this pair is we know roughly where their nest is. While we're obviously not plonking ourselves down right next to it, at least the kingfishers will be flying around in that spot quite a bit. Just wishing for a 600 or even a 500mm lens now - would make everything so much easier!

Susane - I'm afraid I can't see any difference :thinking: You sure that's the edited pic?

Back