A leap into the light

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
A LOT of serendipity here...image is a "drive by" made from the camper. right place right time not complete luck but there is a share of that. Image is cropped due to failings of wanna be wildlife image maker not being fast enough to frame at speed ....also wish I had more SS but hey

If you read my last post in the previous image shared to Mark that will go some way to explain my feelings on drive by.but it does have it moments. It is utterly not mud scrubblin That said it is sort of easier on the old bones and I do get to share the moment with someone I adore.

wildlife ....hmmm ................... ONLY one chance to get it right:headbang:.I suspect I will never see this chance again in my lifetime the sun at just the right angle the deer lit and running roughly towards me not away lets face it.tis never gonna happen

However many roe i make images of ( I do a few) tis never gonna happen again in my lifetime.

and made in a van:runaway::runaway::runaway::LOL: Ahh the shame:eek:

1/640 f8 ISO 6400 crop for comp

_S2I6894 Roe doe at sunset sm j tdn by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Ta for looking critique welcome as always

take care

stu

Nice catch (y)
Shooting from a camper... you're getting soft!! :p

and I do get to share the moment with someone I adore.
That's got to be worth the effort (and cost) of the build/conversion alone :)

Yeah totally,in reply to first line...mind having spent the last few eve's looking at hare pics.............. I deserve a break dude................. jees Gav I'm really old most folks my age wouldn't consider mudscrubbin, just be tucked up by a fire with some bailies looking for a lighter rig:LOL:

second line

INIT ;) ickle fings bro ickle fings:)

Lovely Stu, the light really makes it.

Never happen again? You never know, wildlife has this habit of suprising us.

I think I am considerably younger than you , and past mud scrubbing and looking for a lighter rig . :)

I think you could improve the comp , a little more height and a little more room in front , or maybe snip a touch more off the left . I don`t see any shame in getting this image hanging out your window , I have done it lots of times , and top marks for having gear ready . You wouldn`t of got this image had you been crawling about as you do , the crops way to high . I would be very pleased with it , you may not get the same opportunity , but others will come your way I am sure .

I'm not worried how it was 'made' - it brought a smile to my face on an inclement morning
Love roe, they're so dainty and expressive. Except when they're bounding down a bank into the road straight in front of your motorbike, but that's another story....... :LOL:

Lovely Stu, the light really makes it.

Never happen again? You never know, wildlife has this habit of suprising us.
Fink the odds are against me buddy but you are right ya just never know

I think I am considerably younger than you , and past mud scrubbing and looking for a lighter rig . :)

I think you could improve the comp , a little more height and a little more room in front , or maybe snip a touch more off the left . I don`t see any shame in getting this image hanging out your window , I have done it lots of times , and top marks for having gear ready . You wouldn`t of got this image had you been crawling about as you do , the crops way to high . I would be very pleased with it , you may not get the same opportunity , but others will come your way I am sure .
Aye that's the thing isn't it :different methods yielding different images.can't argue on the crop wisdom Mark..

Lol I do love stalking them though mate there is something very special about getting to a place where they are dancing to the shutter noise but not spooked,in the van I also feel ,how can I put it.................. distant from them..........

I'm not worried how it was 'made' - it brought a smile to my face on an inclement morning
Love roe, they're so dainty and expressive. Except when they're bounding down a bank into the road straight in front of your motorbike, but that's another story....... :LOL:
Yaknow I think that incident with the bike you have mentioned to me before Janny.....................Jan, summer coat, what I call in the red..................to me that brief period of summer coat is when they are sublime................. dainty is a wonderful word,svelte being a term I use.

Jan each and every year one makes images of the same subject one learns. sommit my realization this summer/autumn was just how fast the winter coat comes in I reckon tis about a month from red to grey.

I adore roe for so many reasons first up my native MINE.second themselves: their look their scatty nature ......... the colour change their massive ears and eyes.........that unreal life cycle delayed implantation of embryo.......................... rut in summer that few see

My teacher Jan no one will ever farm them, humans can impact them but they are so highly strung, time with them is always special, mostly hard won Tis why being in a metal box isn't the same for me

We are blessed to have this deer on our ickle isle jees I love 'em

Back