A new backpack?

Gillard

Name
Luc
Edit My Images
Yes
hello everybody!

I am looking for a new camera backpack, I was looking for advice.

It needs to fit at least 1 DSLR
GoPro
A 17 inch laptop
And a tripod

Any suggestions are welcomed.

LG

The budget does not matter it just has to protect it all properaly

Hi and welcome to TP

You do not mention which lens or lenses you want it to carry? Also any tripod worth the carrying will not fit inside a backpack (sorry I state the obvious) unless you are intending to pack a very small table top/travel ones.

Fwiw I have always bought Lowepro in recent years.

There is a view that a foam-protected or bubble-wrapped
etc 'common or garden' decent rucksack will not attract unwanted attention...

I've spent a long time looking at back packs recently but with a specific requirement.
I'm going on Safari and want the ability to carry two bodies, one with a 100-400 mounted, the other with an 18-200 mounted, both need to be quick access as I want to keep them in the bag when not shooting. I then want the ability to carry my macbook and a few other bits.
In the end I got it down to two, the Lowepro Pro Tactic and the Manfrotto Redbee. The Lowepro is very expensive but very good, it has the ability that you can attach almost anything you want to it because of the straps that go around it, it's really well built, lots of padding and really comfortable, but it's £250.
The Manfrotto is £99 and at the moment you get a free Pixi Evo tripod, so in effect the bag is £55, it's still really well made, looks nice, can hold everything I need and has the side access and top access. The only bit that lets it down is the lack of pockets on the outside for things like SD cards or a water bottle etc.. but it's £200 cheaper! So instead I've bought an SD card wallet I can reach for through the side pocket and a separate water bottle carrier that I can clip to the handle of the bag.

https://www.manfrotto.co.uk/freepixi

The best thing you can do really is go to your local shop, such as LCE and see what they have, there's a lot of choice out there and seeing them in the flesh is so much better than someone elses review.
LCE even price matched Amazon on my Manfrotto bag!

Thank you, it's such a pain when you have a big laptop. The tripod would be strapped to the outside

Back