A picture of Britain

oooh something we all get involved in!

I have just checked out every picture in every gallery there and just about anyone from on here could beat most of that with their eyes closed.

This is crying out to be won by one of our members!!!!!

ive entered.....lol

Vote for Me!!

it will be inrural if it gets accepted, you will recognize it...

Steve said:
I have just checked out every picture in every gallery there and just about anyone from on here could beat most of that with their eyes closed.

This is crying out to be won by one of our members!!!!!

Agreed. I think from reading the rules you can enter as many times as you want, as long as they are different subjects. Although, there is this annoying rule;

Photographs should not be cropped or altered from the original, nor should panoramic settings be used.

petemc said:
Agreed. I think from reading the rules you can enter as many times as you want, as long as they are different subjects. Although, there is this annoying rule;

Photographs should not be cropped or altered from the original, nor should panoramic settings be used.

Thats will make you think about your shots more.
Most digital photo comps have the same rulings.

Matt said:
Thats will make you think about your shots more.
Most digital photo comps have the same rulings.

But isn't a bit odd that a "Digital photo comp" rule is that you can't alter your shots, or at least enhance them a little. We all know how photoshop can help warm up our images from the cameras defaults, and given that it is a "digital" comp, seems really silly.

you will still be able to alter the levels, curves and sharpen your image.

The reason they use these rules is so photographers enter it, not graphics designers.

Ah. So RAW editing is ok, as its a feature of the camera, but I wonder where they stand on the use of say an overlay layer. I use these on my shots in place of a real world filter to adjust the sky so its not blown out.

You'll have to do that at the shooting stage I'm afraid.

Any adjustment that adds to the image will be looked on as cheating.

Exposure correction is all that is allowed.

Bah. These people need to get with the times. A lot of my images will be unnaceptable simply because I didn't use a piece of glass to do the same job.

As long as what you do is not 'in your face' I doubt they could tell.

i have submitted an image that has been slightly cropped and the levels boosted....wonder if they will notice?!

gah....better than my tractor

Given that someone has submitted a photo taken on a Lomo LC-A and actually says in his description, "Taken on 35mm film", I'm just going to submit whatever I like :)

petemc said:
Given that someone has submitted a photo taken on a Lomo LC-A and actually says in his description, "Taken on 35mm film", I'm just going to submit whatever I like :)

Cheat, mesa gonna tell on you :wink: :LOL:

Steve said:
Cheat, mesa gonna tell on you :wink: :LOL:

Meanie :p I'm not going to submit a film shot :) Digital only. I was thinking that the rules are a bit ambigious. The rules don't explicitly say you can't use Photoshop and you could interepret the rule where it mentions cropping as that you can't adjust the dimensions of the shot.

I've been looking at the Shots in Scotland Landscape, there's no way some of them have not been shopped, they're also damned good :(

Steep said:
I've been looking at the Shots in Scotland Landscape, there's no way some of them have not been shopped, they're also damned good :(

Ah nuts you've just made me realise I put a picture of Ben Nevis in the North section as thats where I'm from not where the shot was taken. I hope they realise :)

i havent had a reply on my shot yet, the aspect ratio should be ok on it, its 600x433, i cropped a tiny bit and added a border, thats why it a bit funny...will see later if it turns up on the site

Steep said:

Thats the only section that has any photos of any quality, I feel for you mate.

mine isnt up yet, i expect a good email explaing why its been rejected when i get home then

petemc said:

The rules say you can scan an image but I still think that goes against the whole point of this.

Adrian said:
petemc said:

The rules say you can scan an image but I still think that goes against the whole point of this.

It does? <mr burns> Excellent </mr burns> :D Only for one photo. The yellow field with a tree shot I took with my Lomo.

Actually, having a closer look, the rules state that "All photographs must be taken with a digital camera or camera phone. Please retain the original digital file for reference; it may be needed to demonstrate this is your own work.". This is then supported by a large section in "Help with Uploading" which deals with scanning prints (which I saw originally), so I can only assume that the BBC folk think that people are going to take a picture with a phone camera, get it printed and then scan it back into a PC. <Homer> Doh! </Homer> :)

Steep said:

That's what I thought. The Carr Bridge shot looks like it might have been as well. I seem to remember houses on the bank behind there, could be the memory going though.

holy crap!

9 pages last time i looked, 29 now!! they change the order the piccies show everytime too, so you have to look through all of them to find your own...and mine still isnt on!!!

my piccie is now on!

Vote for ME!!!!!

here is mine if you want to vote for it, lol

HERE

lol! voting system abuse begins!

ta!

EosD said:
lol! voting system abuse begins!

ta!

Hehe. Have you noticed that you can see how your shot is doing if you vote for it? 10,10,10,10,10 ;)

Back