A picture of Britain

lol

i had noticed, its a rubbish system

You can also vote more than once for the same piccy :shock:

voted..

someone didnt like it, as my rating has gone done, i have also mailed the BBC to point out how rubbish and inadequate the voting system is!

EosD said:
voted..

someone didnt like it, as my rating has gone done, i have also mailed the BBC to point out how rubbish and inadequate the voting system is!

Hehe nice one :) Also voted :)

just gone through the first 5 pages, voted for each picture..some real dross there!!!! Some images in the wrong category too, buildings in Rural anyone??? I think by the time the end of july comes round there will be hundreds of pages!!! should be interesting to see how they voting affects the shortlist

The Voting system isn't going to pick the winner anyway.
So all of this spam voting isn't going to get you anywhere.

A panel of top photographers is going to decide the winner, so it will take something special to get their attention.
Think about what you want to get across to them, send them a message in your picture, something they will be able to identify as being what Britain stands for or has become.

An old phrase springs to mind,'Think outside of the box'.

Good luck.

the most popular pictures will form the shortlist, i think the rating system determines this...

i will see about getting another shot done for it though, something a little different

Just having a look through some more and I sincerely hope that it's Dan Cheung and co that will be judging as they'll be able to spot the large number of manipulated images and shots taken on film cameras.

all i did on mine was a very slight crop, added a border and tweaked the colours, i hope thats allowed!!

got an email back from BBC, they say

We can tell you your rating straight away but the new average rating
does not get updated until sometime later. Although people can rate a
photo several times, only the first vote is counted.

so there you go!

You rated this photo with a score of 10 , the current average is 10.0

Cool :D Probably only from my rating though :)

no i voted for yours pete, didnt give you a full 10 though, only an 8, lol....

petemc said:

yup

/cackles evily whilst stroking fluffy white cat :twisted:

hmmm - maybe I ought to resubmit mine as they haven't shown up in any searches (suspect some contravention of an obscure rule tbh)

lol nice shots pete....might well have northwest sown up if you keep chucking the good ones in....

Nice one Mr Baker.....your in the same group as me....

I've just seen Adrians 'Angel of the North', and Matty's 'Little Red Tractor' on the telly.
BBCi's Picture of Britain can be viewed on your FTA set top box, just hit the text button and then select picture of britain.

Matt said:
I've just seen Adrians 'Angel of the North', and Matty's 'Little Red Tractor' on the telly.
BBCi's Picture of Britain can be viewed on your FTA set top box, just hit the text button and then select picture of britain.

:p One the BBCi was it or just random on the telly program

its a BBCi program, it keeps looping.
Yours was the first and last image that I viewed, it took about 20mins for it to loop.

Matt said:
its a BBCi program, it keeps looping.
Yours was the first and last image that I viewed, it took about 20mins for it to loop.

Cool! will look through it 8)

Woohoo! Just seen mine! Full screen with my name.......

Matt said:

On the telly?! Must have a butchers. I've had a few pictures used on the local weather but never nationally.

Adrian said:
Matt said:

On the telly?! Must have a butchers. I've had a few pictures used on the local weather but never nationally.

hit the text button if your watching BBC on Sky or that sort of thing, they have a rolling slideshow of 'the best' images

:D

Congrats guys. I watched it in the hope of seeing mine, but I could only see yours. Congrats :D

petemc said:
Congrats guys. I watched it in the hope of seeing mine, but I could only see yours. Congrats :D

[smilie=t: cheers Pete! :D

I recognise that photo steep. Slightly different there though, probably due to the crop rule?

I've been looking at the photos of you tarts on the fogbox! A few from OCUK too. There's one (not from a forum I think) of a massive wave crashing against a lighthouse - a great shot - need a good zoom I'd imagine to avoid being swept away.

Steve said:
I recognise that photo steep. Slightly different there though, probably due to the crop rule?

Nah, different angle, different day, month, year :)

I took that one last November, in fact it was the one that reminded me that the theatre might make a good architecture subject.

how many of us have got on the BBCi now then?

just had another look through, lots of shots in the categories that have nothing to do with whatever they are in!

Still haven't got round to this, must extract digit :(

Back