A quick thank you!

Chris141h

Suspended / Banned
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

As you probably know I'm not the biggest poster on this section of the forum, however I want to say a thank you to the people who post on the forum and the ones who have responded to me my posts. The main thank you is to Blue marlin who has replied to many of messages on the forum and been a general help.

I got my first 'job' on Saturday at the bury v hartlepool game for a local paper hear in the north east. I managed to get photos published on the website and also got the back page of the paper. The front page of the sports section and the centre page of the sports section!

I've added some photos from my first game which were posted on here and a link to the website so you can see the improvement. The photos are not the greatest and I'm capable of better but still happy with it. Unfortunately not accredited to me in the paper with my name but still can't have everything.

Thanks a lot and thanks bluemarlin!!!

Chris

1st game - Untitled by chris141h, on Flickr

- by chris141h, on Flickr

- by chris141h, on Flickr

Link to the photos from the game Saturday - all the photos are from my self that I've seen which is up to around a min and a half, haven't had chance to watch it all yet!!

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/spo...-hartlepool-united-s-defeat-at-bury-1-7120939

wouldnt send too many people to that slideshow if I was you.. its the worse thing I have seen in a long time.... I DO NOT THINK ITS YOU.. Its them.. they have recropped all your pictures and made it look stupid..

I am guessing your pic had a head on the player? and theres loads

slideshow.jpg

I knew it wouldnt be you.. quite obviosuly them.. some are cropped so badly.. one pic has one player with no head or legs.. just his body.. no footblal nothign else.. just a torso... when people ruin your pics like that its best not to be telling everyone they are yours:)

No ya cant post clips from newspapers here either I am afraid :(

Such a shame when this crap happens, people work hard to get a foothold in and build up a reputation which can all be destroyed in a flash

Such a shame when this crap happens, people work hard to get a foothold in and build up a reputation which can all be destroyed in a flash

I take it yoiu looked mate.. what would you do? in all honesty 100% I would ask them to take it down.. mostly because of what you just said which is true..

I would be more than annoyed if the paper had reduced my shots to such a poor standard. I`ve only ever done kids RL so no expert, but anyone can see the slideshow has ruined your shots, as Waldorf and Statler have pointed out.

Back