A Rare Beast....

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
...for me - a full frame shot! :D

This spuggy landed at just about minimum focusing distance for the 500mm so a pretty rare occurrence. Luckily I'd just stopped down to f8 or DOF would have been nada.

IMG_6384-01.jpg

I've been after a Wren all morning with no success at all, largely due to this Dunnock who just wouldn't bugger off and leave the coast clear. At least I got the benefit of a song or two...

IMG_6395-01.jpg

Just as I was about to pack up this female House Sparrow decided to log on. :coat:

IMG_6400-01.jpg

The last two were at 700mm (with the 1.4XTC). Nice light, but a tad contrasty.

fess up, CT, you're just building a case for the mk3 :LOL:

Lovely shots - as bleedin always (y)

JR I have this very morning ordered a 40D with battery grip, :D

I cant believe you would deface a 1Ds mk3 of its destinctive badge, etch in the 40D markings with a silver pen and then try to make out to the missus its a 40D plus grip. :eek:

But fair play :LOL:

I cant believe you would deface a 1Ds mk3 of its destinctive badge, etch in the 40D markings with a silver pen and then try to make out to the missus its a 40D plus grip. :eek:

But fair play :LOL:

:LOL:

Now you got me thinking. :thinking:

The only way I could justify a 1DSMK3 is if you bought me one. If I had that sort of wonga to dispense it would go on glass.

JR think you may have misunderstood the full frame shot thing by the way ;)

I got it, just a continuation of an earlier thread :)

The only way I could justify a 1DSMK3 is if you bought me one.

Sounds almost fair..... send the request to Anton Roland for processing - you can have the one he is sending me ;)

I really like the first two, so clear and uncluttered.The wavy light area in the background seems to complement the bird in no 2 and the light catching it is nice too.

I detect a certain lack of sincerity JR :LOL:

I really like the first two, so clear and uncluttered.The wavy light area in the background seems to complement the bird in no 2 and the light catching it is nice too.

Thanks. Yep - I was cursing when I first saw that highlight but it carries on the strong diagonal from the bird so I quite like it too.

Love the sparrow on the log CT. and it looks like the light was a bit harsh but they've still come out great.

many thanks jason

Hi great series I really like the third shot
well done getting the 40D :clap:
Pete

You'll like the 40D.

Good set of shots

700 quid ( body only) Glo. 0% finance for 12 months - pay for it next February. ;)

You'd really maximise the use of the glass you have for birds - not that I'm trying to infuence you of course. :D

Just goes to show that the plain birds can look very nice. Well done.(y)

Lovelly shots.
I was in a hide at a local reserve once and the bloke next to me had a massive set up.
He told me he was in his hide at home once as he has a massive yard.
Kept trying to get a wren no luck put the outfit down for a second and a wren landed on the lens hood.
irony, asked him if he wished he had a compact at that moment.

Back