A recent shot from a wedding - pseudo tilt shift

I don't normally go for this sort of shot Graeme, but on this occasion I think it works very well indeed. It certainly brings attention to the main subject and even the blurred reflections work very well for me. I'm sure the couple will be very pleased with it.(y)

George.

The romance is all there… but he's got no beard!!!

Yep, I like that Graeme. Nicely done. Is it me or does it need straightening slightly ?

Generally that's really nice but I'm not convinced of the added blur. A little subjective I guess but I'm not overly keen on the tilt and shift look. Other than that, everything else is great. I'd clean that bucket thing up and the red bit to the left of the couple. KOnly viewing on iPad so probably not enjoying the full sized version properly.

I'd be interested to see the original shot, as this looks like a very nicely composed shot in a great location and I'm wondering whether or not the PP trickery has improved the original or not.

I normally despise fake tilt-shift, but that does concentrate the eye very nicely on the couple. Nice pic, and one I'm sure they're pleased with.

I normally despise fake tilt-shift, but that does concentrate the eye very nicely on the couple. Nice pic, and one I'm sure they're pleased with.

Here is the image sooc

i just like to add that the tilt shift technique that was applied to initial imaged was not the filter option available in PS but various layers with different blur filters applied and the use of the eclipse marquee tool for the masks, I got it from a magazine i had lying around and thought id give it ago :)

G5D_3517-2.jpg

The processing does improve it into, with the eye more drawn to the couple. The slight darkening of the surroundings works and the blurring gives it something extra. Nice work.

The processing does improve it into, with the eye more drawn to the couple. The slight darkening of the surroundings works and the blurring gives it something extra. Nice work.

Thank you :)

There are times when added painted in blur looks poop (and pretty much most of the time), and there are times when it can look awesome. This is the latter. Well done fella. Love this image.

Cheers Marcus [emoji1]

For those interested - if you can read it

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1443093783.802913.jpg

Last edited:
There are times when added painted in blur looks poop (and pretty much most of the time), and there are times when it can look awesome. This is the latter. Well done fella. Love this image.

This, really. My comment wasn't at all a pop at you, and the adjustment you made certainly enhanced the image. :)

Have to say awesome image, would say that the tweaks make a good image a "Wow" image! Nice one! :)

Matt

This, really. My comment wasn't at all a pop at you, and the adjustment you made certainly enhanced the image. :)

Hi Toni, didn't even think it was and didn't even give it a second thought. I've just seen other photographers taking images at a deep depth of field and then decide that they want the background and/or foregournd to look blurred so they just paint it in, which frankly just looks shoddy.

Appreciate the time to comment and no apology needed! Have a great day!

I must admit, when I saw the title I though, 'oh no'. But this is a really great shot IMO and definitely not what I was expecting.

Not really my cup of tea im afraid and if more time was spend on the pose than in PP it could have been a great shoot without having to do any fake blurring to it, On my wedding day if I was kissing my wife at that location I would at least have my arm round her not dangling by my side.

The pose is what it is and the pp in my opinion has made this shot, it's rather flat otherwise. Love it :)

Back