A Roundhead in Yorkshire!

Saw this on NP first Toni. Great shot and all the better for not being 'under the wires'.
Somehow, it looks more vibrant on flickr. Maybe the black background on there helps it with the grey conditions.

Saw this on NP first Toni. Great shot and all the better for not being 'under the wires'.
Somehow, it looks more vibrant on flickr. Maybe the black background on there helps it with the grey conditions.
Thank you Tim.

What you see above is a compressed version of the file on Flickr, web sites compress uploaded images which leads to a loss of resolution.
Flickr allows larger files so they aren't as compressed and look more like the original image.

Still a very good shot despite the featureless sky. I couldn't get to see it down here on the 1st due to the severe weather. Fortunately I have some nice shots of it.

I was tv channel-hopping on Friday and was fortunate to see a documentary on a heritage line in Yorkshire..at Pickering, featuring Royal Scot. It developed a boiler leak on a run . Laversham was mentioned too..I think it was Laversham.

If you didn't see it, Stuart,you may be able to get it on the podcast....Channel 5..8.00pm ?.March 2nd. ..and was the first in a series.

Thank you John, the TV programme you refer to is about the "North Yorkshire Moors Railway" and there are two more to come LINK, and the place you mentioned is Levisham.

I posted a couple of shots from the NYMR recently, LINK.

Back