Name
James
Edit My Images
No
A second selection of photos taken for the upcoming 'Photographing the Dolomites' guidebook.

Please let me know if you would like any information on the area. Thanks in advance for viewing :)

DSC_9550+edit_1.jpg
DSC_9277+edit.jpg
DSC_9991+edit.jpg

Very nice set of shots but I am unsure where the lady in the waterfall fits in.

1 & 3 for me, is this Tre cime di lavaredo? This is an area I absolutely want to visit and photograph at some point. I have family in Verona, how far is it to travel from there? Is there accommodation easy to come by?

Super light and landscape, did you get lucky or spend several weeks waiting for the conditions:)

Stop it now! Making me feel a bit jealous! :D Amazing photographs. What a stunning place, I've never really heard much about the Dolomites before at all, very surprised considering how jaw dropping the place looks.

Great set of shots James

A wonderful set, not much else can be said! 1+7 are my pick but I wouldn't mind any one of them on my wall.

Stop it now! Making me feel a bit jealous! :D Amazing photographs. What a stunning place, I've never really heard much about the Dolomites before at all, very surprised considering how jaw dropping the place looks.

Thanks very much. It's definitely worth a look. I'm obviously biased but I've traveled a lot and have never found anywhere even close to as photogenic as the Dolomites (and that written from a camper van in Iceland where I've been for the last 3 months).

Thanks very much. It's definitely worth a look. I'm obviously biased but I've traveled a lot and have never found anywhere even close to as photogenic as the Dolomites (and that written from a camper van in Iceland where I've been for the last 3 months).

I'm here on the Alpe Di Suisi and would agree. It's incredible and the composition opportunities endless.

1 & 3 for me, is this Tre cime di lavaredo? This is an area I absolutely want to visit and photograph at some point. I have family in Verona, how far is it to travel from there? Is there accommodation easy to come by?

Super light and landscape, did you get lucky or spend several weeks waiting for the conditions:)

Thanks Alan! Yes it's the north faces of the Tre Cime di Lavardo. It's just over 3 hours drive from Verona.

The area is very well developed and there are loads of accommodation options.

The sample photos are the result of 5 years spent living in the area writing the guidebook. For every photo you see there were 5/6 trips out with nothing to show for it!

Feel free to share any images. I'd love to see what you get!

IMG_1998.JPG

Just a back of camera shot from yesterday. I wanted one without any Huts. Tonight I'm a bit higher so will frame it with the meadow and Huts

Sadly it clouded over in the last hour before sunset. Taking another run at it today. Fingers crossed

Last edited:
Breathtaking stuff! Really find it difficult to split them up, but 5 really appeals. The light there is just superb.

Back