Critique A small selection

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,
Heres my small selection for new years day and after.
#1 Not sure but I would say a Ant and maybe a queen, it was on the window frame.
View attachment 27874

#2 A fly on my towel, as it was a sunny day it just would not leave the towel.
View attachment 27875

#3 This was on the table cloth , a really cute little critter.
View attachment 27876
#4 same as above, Grumpy cat impressionist comes to mind lol
View attachment 27877
#5, This was taken on the 2nd Jan, another hopper this one has the tail hairs, again on the table cloth.
View attachment 27878

#6 is my Fav from the last 2 days. The jumping spider.
View attachment 27879

Thanks for looking and any C&C is welcome.

Nice set Graham, #1 is good with an infinity background and good composition. #2 has plenty of impact with some nice colour to the shot. And like yourself #6 is my favorite with some good detail.(y)

George.

Last edited:
Nice set, are these handheld? I always struggle getting decent macro insects, agree 6 is awesome really like #1 also though find the dirt on window distracting, did a quick edit with a dust and scratches filter to clean floor and a curve to lighten it...

Untitled-1-1.jpg

oh #2 is my favourite btw, awesome detail in that near eye.

Last edited:
Nice set, are these handheld? I always struggle getting decent macro insects, agree 6 is awesome really like #1 also though find the dirt on window distracting, did a quick edit with a dust and scratches filter to clean floor and a curve to lighten it...

Untitled-1-1.jpg

oh #2 is my favourite btw, awesome detail in that near eye.

Hi Craig and thank you for the dusting and cleaning of my shot, tbh I did think of doing it but as I am a tad lazy with chores, me bad :whistle:
And yes these are all hand held and this one was in the morning with a temp of about -1/0 degs so not too easy but as I didnt spend much time outside it wasnt too bad, i`m not one to use the tripod for macro tho some do.
Thanks again for your input and comment (y)

Hi Graham ...a smashing set ...number two has amazing detail and that jumping spider is brilliant ...excuse my ignorance but are those eyes or what o_O
Hi Susie, They are the spiders eyes, I think that the jumping spider family all have 2 large eyes and the other eyes are all smaller, there is no ignorance in what you ask, if you dont know, you dont know, simple as.
And tbh before I started with macro I didnt know much about insects and the like altho I have always been interested in insect/wildlife programmes on the TV.
Thanks for your comment and as always they are appreciated. (y)

Nice work Graham!. Those hoppers look weird, are you sure your not on holiday visiting Kurt. :p

Brilliant work mate love the grumpy hopper lol

Think you have found the new grumpy cat get marketing. Then you won't need to buy and sell camera gear lol :p

Obviously the jumper is the sweetener to the whole set. ;)

Nice work Graham!. Those hoppers look weird, are you sure your not on holiday visiting Kurt. :p
Hi TOp cat, nope not visiting Kurt, shame that as I Would like some heat in my older bones lol, thanks for the comment, yes we have some strange critters here, grumpy hopper for one lol. Thanks for the comment, much appreciated.

Brilliant work mate love the grumpy hopper lol

Think you have found the new grumpy cat get marketing. Then you won't need to buy and sell camera gear lol :p

Obviously the jumper is the sweetener to the whole set. ;)
Cheers Bryn, I woke to that jumper so out came the camera, this was the best of about 25 shots, guess I could have done a stack.
I love grumpy cat and now grumpy hopper lol
Thanks again for the kind comments to you and all.
PS....... Anyone Want to buy a Nikon F60 for £50 lol

Really nice set , the jumping spider is my favourite its excellent

Back