A smaller view

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks, something I've always struggled with is trying to hone in to capture the smaller views. I've always been about the wide and vast Landscapes. After viewing some very talented photographers ( Mark LittleJohn & Colin Bell ) masters of seeing a great composition among the often chaoatic scene in front of them I would love to try and train my eye to pick out the smaller details when out on photography adventures.
I have taken one shot i'm relatively pleased with. Are there any photographers here that like capturing the smaller details that could offer any advice/help?
Feel free to post up your forestry/smaller view images.

Here is my capture from a random stroll near Loch Ard

Forest Glow by Gavin_D2009, on Flickr

Very, very good and rendered!

I'm a fan of that. Its got bags of atmosphere. On the crit side, I think that the OOF branches are a bit of a distraction, and a composition that didn't include these would have worked better for me. I've been trying to work on a few images akin to this, so I'll follow this thread with interest!

I'm a fan of that. Its got bags of atmosphere. On the crit side, I think that the OOF branches are a bit of a distraction, and a composition that didn't include these would have worked better for me. I've been trying to work on a few images akin to this, so I'll follow this thread with interest!

Post them up Matty, look forward to seeing them. Thanks for the comment, the oof branched didn't really bother me as they didn't encroach into the highlights to much. But noted for future reference :)

Like it a lot. I take similar shots all the time but never get anything that I'm really satisfied with.

I like it too
It has mystical feel to it.
Did you see unicorns? :)

Ohhh I like this, but as stated before the OOF branch at the top is in the way of an otherwise beautiful shot. It's almost as if it's been CGI rendered for a movie or game.

Back