A sunset to die for?

S

Steve

Yesterday Marcel and I had the afternoon and evening on the Wirral. Overall it was very disappointing with not much to shoot, however we were treated to a jaw dropping sunset and I managed to capture some of the local activities and architecture against Mother Nature’s wonderful backdrop.

IMG_3868_01.jpg

IMG_3883_01.jpg

IMG_3879_01.jpg

Wow! You are right! It's THE sunset to die for!

I love the first and third photos! :) Did you do much post-processing? I really want to know how you got the silhouttes (spelling?) to be so black.

Edit: I really really like that first pic. :D

Tell you what Steve, you don't post many, but you do post quality :first:

kamion said:
Wow! You are right! It's THE sunset to die for!

I love the first and third photos! :) Did you do much post-processing? I really want to know how you got the silhouttes (spelling?) to be so black.

Edit: I really really like that first pic. :D

I processed the RAW file but on this occasion metering off the bright area of the sky and reading the histograms on the camera on location allowed me to get the correct exposure. With there being such a large contrast between the sky and foreground the silhouettes are almost guaranteed to be black.

If you have a similar shot but your silhouettes are not black there is an easy way in Photoshop to achieve this, just open levels or curves and select the black eye dropper from within the box, then click it on your chosen black area and it will adjust all levels so that your chosen point is absolute black and everything else will be matched and scaled too.

Not bad... but re the first pic: It would have been way better if the bloke's hair was parted on the left instead of the right.

Kidding. :p

GfK said:
Not bad... but re the first pic: It would have been way better if the bloke's hair was parted on the left instead of the right.

ROFL!

Nice shots, but it's No2 all the way for me.:) I might be tempted to clone out the smaller partly obscured figures around the figure 3rd from left for a cleaner image if you can work out which are her legs.:D

CT said:
Nice shots, but it's No2 all the way for me.:) I might be tempted to clone out the smaller partly obscured figures around the figure 3rd from left for a cleaner image if you can work out which are her legs.:D

Funny you should say that.

These pictures are all un touched apart from being reduced in size and being framed although while in PS I did have a close look at doing just what you suggested.

In the end I figured that basically I couldn't be bothered :LOL:

Steve said:
Funny you should say that.

These pictures are all un touched apart from being reduced in size and being framed although while in PS I did have a close look at doing just what you suggested.

In the end I figured that basically I couldn't be bothered :LOL:

I can totally identify with that! :smoking:

CT said:

I just took a closer look, how do you know the third figure is a woman? Looks like two men holding hands to me! :icon_eek: :p :D

I just took a closer look, how do you know the third figure is a woman? Looks like two men holding hands to me!
For me, the fact that she's wearing a skirt sort of gave the game away. :p

once again excellent shots Steve...i like the first best, more drama in it for me.

lol @ gfk, funneh!

GfK said:
For me, the fact that she's wearing a skirt sort of gave the game away. :p

But how can you be so sure "she" is wearing a skirt? For all you know, "he" could be wearing knee length pants and the half obscured kids they were thinking of cloning out were just in the way of confirming that it's pants, not skirt. :D

kamion said:
But how can you be so sure "she" is wearing a skirt? For all you know, "he" could be wearing knee length pants and the half obscured kids they were thinking of cloning out were just in the way of confirming that it's pants, not skirt. :D

because its got flowers on. And frilly bits. I can see them with my uber-vision. mmmk? :p :banana:

lol. We digress. anyway......

2 & 3 for me Steve excellent shots, love the colour.

Back