A thumbs up for Jessops customer service

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I'd like to post a short message in relation to a recent Jessops customer service interaction. On the 23rd of December - I bought a tripod - which at that moment in time was the same price everywhere. I bought it at London's Oxford Street branch, although that's nowhere near where I live, I happened to be in the area. Fast forward 3 days - and the same tripod is reduced by £70. They do have a policy which would allow me to return my purchase of course - but that would involve going back to a store, getting a refund, and then buying it again.

I thought I'd try an email - asking whether it was possible to refund the difference by telephone, to save me having to visit the physical store, and go through the rigmarole of having to refund it and rebuy it. To my pleasant surprise - they wrote back not only to say that it was possible, but that it was already done. They'd gone back to my transaction, found my credit card detail, and arranged the refund of the difference accordingly without me needing to have to go back to a physical store. Overall - my time saved - their administration saved. A win for both sides - and a very sensible outcome with the £70 going back into my account, and one that I'm very happy with. Definitely a thumbs up for Jessops customer service.

Good to hear that- all credit to Jessops and I'll give them a try next time I'm in the market:)

Good outcome, although I wonder if the reason was because they couldn't afford the risk of losing the purchase altogether?
I made it clear in my email that I wanted to keep it - just that I wanted to get a resolution that was easier than traipsing all the way back to the store to do it... and in fairness they did just that with no fuss or bother....

Wow !
Good for you, and good on them.
It might be worth pointing them towards this thread so that they can see just how customer service like this is so worthwhile !
I will if there are enough responses that show surprise and awe :)

Back