A winning photo and a party invite from Prince Charles

Edit My Images
No
Sorry to blow my own trumpet but I've just heard that one of my photographs has been chosen as a regional winner (Wales) in the 2011 National Countryside Competition, organised jointly by Great British Life and the Prince's Countryside fund.

http://www.greatbritishlife.co.uk/a...graphy-competition-have-been-announced-33708/

Part of the regional winner prize is an invite to a private party hosted by Prince Charles (next week) where the overall winner will be chosen - one of the judges being Charlie Waite, fingers crossed!!

Here's my winning photo

Last edited:
Congratulations :clap:

Well done, that's got winner all over it. Absolute belter.

Last edited:
Fantastic image, been there many times, well deserved win!

Thanks everyone...

Christine, you might need to camp there for a while;) - unfortunately it's a rare sight and in all the many trips I've taken to Snowdonia over the last 4yrs I've seen conditions like this no more than half a dozen times.

Simon

Fantastic image not hard to see why it was selected. Congratulations you must feel over the moon

Superb captured photo, stunning!

Was it shot on medium format?

No, it was taken in October 2007 just after sunrise using a Samsung GX10 DSLR (Pentax K10D clone) - no filters and little processing, this was just one of those rare days when mother nature pulls out all the stops!!

Thanks everyone...the garden party is tomorrow afternoon so very much looking forward to it now,

Simon

Have fun Simon!

pics or it didn't happen. ( oh wait you can't take any can't you? )

That is beautiful!

I'm not sure what's most impressive, the composition and clarity, or the fact that you've managed to make a part of Wales look something other than bleak and forboding. :D

Sorry to blow my own trumpet

your joking.. news like that should be shouted from the rooftops otherwise whats the point... well done and keep blowing :)

Just back after the Garden party yesterday afternoon and have to say it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience, very relaxed and informal and Prince Charles was very approachable, down to earth and quite humorous, he spent 3hrs chatting to all 120 guests.

I had several photos taken with the Prince as well as with the other regional winners - I'm hoping that Archant/Great British Life will be supplying me with some of the days promotional material shortly. Apparently a feature on the event will be appearing in all the regional "life" magazines (Cheshire Life etc) and perhaps Photography Monthly.

Unfortunately I didn't win the overall prize which went to Kris Dutson, a professional photographer from Dorset - nice guy who me & the wife spent most of the day with, great photo too.

The only slight disappointment of the day was Charlie Waite who didn't really make any contact with the photographers and left the event early without taking part in the presentation ceremony - shame as I was hoping for some feedback from him but I guess he's a busy man?

Simon

Last edited:
cracking photo, and well done in getting there - you can always win it next yr

Well done Simon.

Thanks Rory, much appreciated

I've just been contacted by the PR agent and apparently an article will be in The Telegraph tomorrow, most of the promotional material will be launched on Monday at the start of The Prince's National Countryside Week

Simon

Last edited:
Very very good photograph, it is a joy to look at - good luck with the judging...

It's photos like yours that make me yearn to educate myself so much more. It's beautiful. Well done to you & I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your afternoon

Congratulations - that's a stonking image, and a nice party as well by the sound of it!

Back