A3 Printer

Name
jonathan
Edit My Images
No
Really want to buy a good quality a3 printer
At the moment looking at getting a monitor control thingy like the huey Pro

Just seen the Epson 2400 for sale and missed out
I will be looking at may be the same one but really want some opinions of other A3 printers

Please help

JK

and your experiences on inks, and paper..

Make sure it is one that takes the individual ink carts. They print better B&W especially and the other good thing is that you can add a CIS (continuous ink system) That way you can bulk buy the ink and refill the tanks yourself.

I've got a HP and it doesn't have those features. The ink is therefore expensive. I don't print huge amounts or else it would have to go!

I have a Pigment Ink CIS system on my A4 R800 and I have to say it is great. As I was fortunate enough to buy the R2400, after the original inks run out I will be purchasing a CIS kit for that too, as the quality seems identical, but works out considerable cheaper.

The CIS kit I bought for the R800 was from Hong Kong and cost about £80 including shipping (65ml pigment ink in each tank), I also bought a spare set of pigment inks (100mls per bottle) which cost me a further £70. As a full set of Epson Cartridges cost about about £110 and you only get 15ml in each of which only 13ml is useable you can see the cost savings.

Whatever printer you buy I would suggest that you get a custom profile done to match your paper to the printer, I use Fotospeed paper as standard, and they offer free custom profiles for their paper. Well worth the extra cost of the paper!

Back