Abandoned & Burnt Out Audi A1

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots...

xHAStjBU73qdW6ettLTZnlGNggucYKVVX8u3B9uzL_lwDOoDw7maNh7taucghkaO0H1LvsZKOqbLbtwJ6TpNaq-koPdsVrA4qwHTB65vsj41B2nVXeJx7EwOfmXmnsnJ_pNYq54jbKJ1shvCAVHrNwNuDcXY37DsHWFT4c0AQjPvvs3axv2LkIa9xDKRTcC3JRKRM0_k5e_uTuS6vl8Idzr3UbdFQXgGwJJzLyiIW8nJqYaMEHnMEGnzdhrVCbsZ7Ozdw_eR2j02Usvb1qzWIk9R1zJjNvbBuQ3YEO-OFlWHZTvsxY9Zwmbi6UfZZEh6wkgimyZMnwExxMm7zrtq--ST1dQ2WwpSGJ6vXSDFBRGMB2J-dyz8e_2Iri7D9loI_URJB4UTDlbfLIhJltZefAJPJUyICbKCuOR_vv2CK28BHrp36YrOixJdxcEMCubJOtqYYWOtnbVpdibTo1dQiGrUFTe0e5xVFW9kRwSZ28Jtep9uvjvFI7GPOmk9npGonY3CsaHjbHud4hivfkapR_wltr1cI9NFtNeD6wUchIU=w946-h667-no

7vkljTwDoWmlNvhAY5CQsNtJPFNMVijZYzdFHXO82-uqVAUmu6k9Q0YO_SGsAdKi9aN-B8-wWCJPo9oJT9Tv0IkQAvLDRNopbZMTSJryb4xg2mZwDOPjsm4ndfGcvhOWPhU6TW0_4QF-RBlcxITdt2suOFAD8XqGgNKKlQayJmKt_fzxdPGS-eP8mJN7BRa8o5JHA3_bumWsomX_ugc_K5KORrSDrgbXu4idwhTZ-t06hTE1T4CU7PTNDdBX-_0lea8fvtwDy4-ajFxmoA4lT5WB194ZE5WTaAFunWFSpImVX3-57KXSMLhFgjUvHEB-gFSDAZAyIqnpnCKARUCXvCl27cKX8drZumYjGA2MA-zGLnqYiSDs_3Es7INNz5A5oQs_SE-pLDtuPqCUDF5Rqh5WdVfdJ8yqGoO2GMM-lW6RpMHNAvrLupGGT7QVofJPIGO8o0hCFnfooReIzQ8z8mejMgN4MiKr3psB_vukPGo9-MOr3rpaveyzYfzEO6Iwp36vG3NrGhQiDLQivTA4ZwC8YPPKiR1-_LtL0SC9tIM=w1224-h667-no

eILojPq2iWBE6o6qsKnyeH1w-27-5DawDUFVD7dQiszCJRvlfyqvDgi4jaEENUK5BNOy7X9LrOgLp0WwkgeRyhztDgmeRGBv7mH0E8g3QI-2ZpeeWNB5L3MjgOHFs7D3AI9teaMZynysq0J2Jx2B1DNJ3ne5U6dCQjDQZ1MJqtHjq7r2WD0p3f-Pni_d7rSHq2L_qsc68c85gnn-73xXQ3ZbaKWrIhpb6QsE0lqwwwshkQu93LaQOMYMnLGwiQld41uaw-xgtL1s8lfDYg9txmphnhNs4bM8IH-_b1HQH_NjqWglcPBw4z6o86sKe93Fy723l-AY5m3o01Nqw9SjHa53l8NDT26Bn6iSn5vvJs1Y5kacZMK_wsHytxVPtT3JT8T9jPUlm4Ko8m1a9rC2cTZX8APE36eGjXv8Udb9hwsTe4rauR1r405q4IU6UaeQIpDADlEJWWpahWXxORJzM-7b6ksaUE-z0koD_I5FwlkGQ0YRjQ0gtE1bVNvHLQb9gHPaX7u9Dl1B7g5r_gSEh9Ae5MztduvMqE---a8giws=w427-h667-no

MEcvOU07Qn2O0i2DGfElMEDCZkf4ly-zzmtqC0IsPC_XzdjRyZJw6nWdyU-LOvwa3BawCQSqFAUQRrDceELJ7QCHu7ls35ZYU9dwbKdcWO2GGfJ1ecbs36QtRZb-pYprjMS-HiXYGBBlcGQ6auTTv33BdiBJPyxFIGLUp4RT0o_fXQy00AnwVm01sc7AbvhvQPRn7YgEFdLjLfK8tDfJnQ8QQaOxUPM2oA9v2VOsyDUK9PM1Gsa5l6nMrdHlt7OyzZ2AynULyyR21S6WtshKCUD57EdDPITHgKS4eLuCD-jlClFw-IuOY3Xxb1mnW9EXeyBOFbGFlXu8DPvl-eukxLAnKXj6nblxoMTqgTkAEvssQyvDrYluFLXpjApxgDbEmMym9AXqDBBoC7jPIk3QpErgtIdkf7fbzL1tErNuirByXoG4THB7hkIu71I2qaOlRbm4I8LcEzX5kQ6sRBlwP-bJ1R3cq39AEBQ97DfCm7pnhUJjz5MP51IHiZrJtyPzi-IgFZRNDjcaBQl7sxFujHrLPMpvtCujZFpXbEtOf4E=w427-h667-no

Feedback and comments welcome!

I like number 1 - although it doesn't show the damage quite as clearly as the others do.

I like number 1 - although it doesn't show the damage quite as clearly as the others do.

+1
Maybe the rendition could be toned down to create the same drama
seen in the others?

Not if it was a Diesel one...

Shame about the car. Like the low angle of the first, the processing works, but then why if presenting a series change the processing, lighting etc?
What's the purpose? You delivered mixed messages.

#1 sets off setting the scene, hints at the damage, then #2 is too dark to fit with the first, doesn't accurately record the damage and suggests moody, dark deeds were done. #3 continues this but again is another low shot but a tight shot, almost removing the evidence around it and the lighting is different again. #4 is just a B&W conversion that doesn't work because of the excessive light patch in the middle your eye is drawn to. All you're saying there is look at the numberplate and A1 badge.

Shame about the car. Like the low angle of the first, the processing works, but then why if presenting a series change the processing, lighting etc?
What's the purpose? You delivered mixed messages.

#1 sets off setting the scene, hints at the damage, then #2 is too dark to fit with the first, doesn't accurately record the damage and suggests moody, dark deeds were done. #3 continues this but again is another low shot but a tight shot, almost removing the evidence around it and the lighting is different again. #4 is just a B&W conversion that doesn't work because of the excessive light patch in the middle your eye is drawn to. All you're saying there is look at the numberplate and A1 badge.
I really appreciate your feedback... This was the first time I've edited raw files and this was a new camera so had a go at a few different finishes but wasn't sure where I wanted to take it...

I'll definitely keep that in mind in the future... The first on the post was actually the last one I processed, after having felt I wanted more clarity and exposure than in the others...

Last edited:
There must be a hairdresser somewhere in the locality totally in tears that her pride and joy has gone up in smoke.

Must say I like #1 as an image- well composed, exposed, processed etc. The element of charm & amusement is very much there too, with the underlying suggestion that it is an everyday image of suburban/ country life, with that dog snuffling about in the leaves, totally unconcerned, and no hint of any concern or urgency by " the authorities":police::)

I guess that will come with time and practice...

Yep, practise, practise, practise.

To give you a good head start though, what you should be aiming to do is take great photographs in the first place, technically great photos. They should be able to stand up on their own as a good image without all the post processing.

Post processing however is essential, and every professional photo out there will be post processed, but its generally very subtle.

When post processing you should be moving sliders a tiny bit, and aiming to keep any adjustments below 10%, if you find yourself going much above about 25% you are doing something wrong.

Don't worry, its all practice. But a great rule to keep in mind is that post is not a crutch to support photography, more like a little bit of polish.

Yep, practise, practise, practise.

To give you a good head start though, what you should be aiming to do is take great photographs in the first place, technically great photos. They should be able to stand up on their own as a good image without all the post processing.

Post processing however is essential, and every professional photo out there will be post processed, but its generally very subtle.

When post processing you should be moving sliders a tiny bit, and aiming to keep any adjustments below 10%, if you find yourself going much above about 25% you are doing something wrong.

Don't worry, its all practice. But a great rule to keep in mind is that post is not a crutch to support photography, more like a little bit of polish.
Thanks, I understand why you're saying, that the majority is in the work at time of shoot, not post, but I'll make sure to work on making only subtle changes in post...

I like the first one best, I really like how the red X fills the box and the lighting is great ;)

Very consistent processing across the set, although perhaps a little under-exposed - I like the dull red and blue tones though. I'm not sure if I like the composition, they are very similar, perhaps try a more varied take of the subject next time.

Back