Aberdulais Falls

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I would share these from Monday afternoon as I was fairly pleased with what I ended up with considering...

- Hottest day of the year (i.e. incredibly bright)
- One lens (50mm)
- No Tripod/Gorillapod/Monopod

So an unexpected trip to a waterfall wasn't exactly going to be easy, particuarly as I've been reading about 'milky water' long-exposure photos for years but never actually had the opportunity to take any. Here goes anyway...

341906659_L3Syj-L.jpg

341900300_urU2h-L.jpg

341897971_4qGp4-L.jpg

341899618_aihzc-L.jpg

341903188_dRCP2-L.jpg

341908549_JeXbJ-L.jpg

341899614_PQYfU-L.jpg

341906144_puA5D-L.jpg

Comments welcome. All photos are either completely freestanding and handheld, or leaning against a tree trunk/rock etc to get as much stability as possible. In an ideal world I would have got a shot combining #2 and 3, but I couldn't get back far enough with the 50mm.

They're stonkingly great, what were the camera settings? You must have had a high f number to get low shutter speed? Can't believe they're handheld :eek:

It's a lovely little place yes, tucked away and very cheap for a NT property! Stumbled across it really hence my lack of preperation.

I used Shutter Priority for all shots, most were around 1/4 - 1/2 second out in the open (all bouncing off the aperture limit), a few photos of the narrow waterfall were upto 4 seconds as that was in the shade.

#5 (the waterwheel) was 1/4 second with the camera held up above my head, I used the 2 second timer to get it up there in time.

Nice series of shots, especially no. 3 and no. 7 (y)

Good series of pics, #3 for me. :)

nice set you have there ukaskew,really impressed as they're hand held (y)...went there back last year,well it would be rude not to seeing as i only live 2 miles away.must visit there again soon to see if i can improve on my last efforts,which weren't too good.

Great stuff. I love the glass like effect of the water on number 2. Any Image Stabilisation on the lens? Even if there is, you still must have very steady hands to get such clarity on the foliage etc.

Back