About to place an order but a bit worried....

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking to buy a canon 7D and grip and saw the panamoz advert here. The prices look good, a little better than HDEW and much better if taking the 5% discount by using the less secure direct Bank transfer option.

But..... A google search for reviews of Panamoz has me somewhat concerned by the negative results produced which seem at odds with the reviews appearing here.

Do any of the forum mods/admins have knowledge of Panamoz, as placing their adds here does lend them a certain level of acceptance given the excellent reputation this forum has?

Cheers

Rich

I really want a 70-200 and the £400+ saving is superb but the money transfer is what scares me too :)

no forum member has anything but praise that I have seen
me included
if you are the worrying type you could simply pay by PP or CC and loose the extra 5% discount
they seem the only company that offers this saving
competition is good IMO in many ways

Last edited:
I've just done 1k with them and it went excellent. I doubt you would get much better service here in UK. I paid via PayPal, it's easier for me.

Thanks for the reassurances. Ive left a couple of messages on their answering service today so am now waiting for a call back to place my order :)

I will update this thread with progress. Wish they would answer the phone!

Last edited:
Thats one thing I found. They never answer the phone. Email correspondence is spot on. My nikon teleconverter arrived today exactly as promised.

Just tried to pay via PayPal for a Canon 70-200 but think my bank is blocking the transaction owing to the amount I am trying to spend :thumbsdown:

I'll try the email route and get the extra 5% off for money transfer instead then (y)

I purchased a 60d from them, yesterday. I'm waiting confirmation that they have dispatched.
I'll let you know when I get it.

Order placed for the 7D, took the bank transfer option.

I will keep this thread updated on progress.

Thanks Tina for your help with the order and thanks to all who posted here with re-assurances!

I'm sure you'll be fine with your 7D. I got my Sigma 24-70 2.8 HSM this morning and it was ordered and paid for by bank transfer on monday afternoon. With a bit of luck you'll get it tomorrow.

Today my canon f/2.8 lens and teleconverter arrived via Panamoz. I ordered Monday midday and went for the 5% saving using bank transfer. As you can imagine this was a lot of money but has probably been the best and fastest experience I've had buying a lens mail order. Communication via email was brilliant and i had UPS tracking numbers for both my parcels by Tuesday evening so I could follow their progress. OH rang me at about 10am at work to tell me they had arrived this morning . All I can say at this stage is that both parcels were extremely well packed with layers of protection and enough bubble wrap to almost dwarf the teleconverter box. I will rave about the lens in another thread but I am very happy this evening :)

great experience with this company - ordered a 28 1.8 nikon on sunday and it arrived promptly on wednesday morning. No problems whatsoever and the price was a hell of a lot better than anywhere else! :D

Paid for mine Wed eve and it was here waiting for me today when I got home :)

Superb service :)

Camera arrived this afternoon complete with original uk English manual and screen protectors. Not had a chance to try it out as only just got in but great service from Panamoz.

Would definatley use them again :)

what are delivery times like for people?

Despite all the positive things here im still a bit dubious how they can turn a profilt or afford decent customer service if it all goes wrong. Just naturally paranoid i guess :)

I want a lens off them for my sisters wedding on the 29th, just concerned it will never get here on time or arrive at all tbh! All good reports here but there are some nasty stories out there.

what are delivery times like for people?

Despite all the positive things here im still a bit dubious how they can turn a profilt or afford decent customer service if it all goes wrong. Just naturally paranoid i guess :)

I want a lens off them for my sisters wedding on the 29th, just concerned it will never get here on time or arrive at all tbh! All good reports here but there are some nasty stories out there.

Delivery for me was excellent ... as you say "all good reports here".

Despite all the positive things here im still a bit dubious how they can turn a profilt or afford decent customer service if it all goes wrong.
Why? Do you have a grasp of how UK VAT works? Do you realise what it costs to run a multi site UK retail business? Panamoz are probably enjoying the same net margin as Jessops are. They just don't need to hand 20% of their turnover to the UK govt and they don't have a chain of shops to staff, stock & run. It's as simple as that.

ive a perfect grasp thank you very much, relax guy.

There are one or 2 very cheap online stores like this one out there with nothing but horror stories associated with them, so if its ok with you i'd rather check them out first. Fortunately a couple of people with decent names on here have ordered and had good experiences so i'll give them a go with the backup of Visa.

well my main concern isnt that it wont turn up, i think enough reputable people on here have posted positives in regards to that and put my mind at rest. Im more worried that it wont turn up on time. but again, people seem to post within a week of ordering that its arrived, so fingers crossed.

well my main concern isnt that it wont turn up, i think enough reputable people on here have posted positives in regards to that and put my mind at rest. Im more worried that it wont turn up on time. but again, people seem to post within a week of ordering that its arrived, so fingers crossed.

Relax......it will all go smoothly:)

ive a perfect grasp thank you very much, relax guy.
I am perfectly relaxed.:cool:

I've spent a fair bit of wedge on bank transfer (about £5k) with Panamoz in the past few months and had nothing but good experiences.:p

By contrast, you're the one posting concerns about people making profits and stuff not turning up when you have nothing to base this on.:cautious:

I have just transferred by Bt payment for my latest order for a 650d with 18-135mm stm lens this was at 11.38 am today will see how long it takes
My last order for a sigma bigma and 40mm pancake lens arrived in less that 4 working days and that was by BT
my previous purchase of a galaxy note a few months ago also arrived in a few days
I think you worry too much tis only money lol

Back