Absolutely pathetic.....

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=398983&in_page_id=1770

Grrrr. Bloody council 'officials'

I bet you a pound to a pennty though, if a TV company wanted to film there (for which they would have to PAY), the council wouldn't say "Sorry, no can do..keep your money, there might be kids there"

Really makes my blood boil. When out taking photos we have to be constantly aware of kids and what people might think, but now as a dad I have to worry too? I'm not allowed to take photos of my own kids playing in a park?

Ball cocks.

Well, I was in London Kensington Park last Sunday and a lot of people were sunbathing. On my way to the loo, I noticed a guy discreetly taking pics of ladies sunbathing with his big SLR with big lenses. He noticed I noticed and gave me a death stare. I just stared right back while I walked past. What an arse.

I despair at times...I cannot for the life of me see what is wrong with taking photos of people/children fully clothed, do nasty people get off on those photos?

Barry and I did our first courting on Southampton Common :love: .....I used to paddle in that paddling pool when I was a little girl, my mum has got photos of me in it! :shrug:

Take photos of all the known paedophiles (and all job-worths) whilst they're being pelted with rotteness of all manisfestations in Medieval Stocks. Put all such photos on the internet complete with names and addresses!

I can think of far worse (and more appropriate) punishments but the public nature of this Forum prevents.....

Complete and utters TWITS...! :annoyed:

LOL Sad sign of the times. I took this pic a few years ago and had just been to Jessops and picked up a Nikon compact, so I took a few shots in the town centre. It was around 11a.m. Check out Mr Angry here...

thebridge.jpg

thebridgecrop.jpg

Just after I took the shot he marched over and asked me who I was and what I was doing. I asked him who he was and what the Hell had it had got to do with him?

He stood there for few moments with his mouth sagging open then buggered off. :D

Was at Centre Parcs a month ago and their rules on photography within the sports/swimming complex are that you can take photographs of family members , not strangers.

Seems far to sensible for a council though...

CTJust after I took the shot he marched over and asked me who I was and what I was doing. I asked him who[I said:
he[/I] was and what the Hell had it had got to do with him?

He stood there for few moments with his mouth sagging open then buggered off. :D

hahah class reply. :D

Its Ron Atkinson isnt it;)

Totally agree it is pathetic - if they gave out appropriate punishments for those that are upto no good I could partially understand it. But as usual they are going after easy and in most part unrelated targets to look like there doing something, when infact all there doing is avoiding the real problem. :bang:

some arse from southampton council said:
Paul Shearman, Southampton City Council's outdoor sports manager, said: "Health and safety is paramount in making each customer experience a positive one when visiting our pool.

"As a preventative safety and comfort measure we do run a policy of restricting the use of cameras, including camera phones.

"We would ask for understanding of this policy but do appreciate and accept that this may disappoint a minority of customers."

Im sorry but this is worse than pathetic ! its stealing family memories of children growing up ! It seems legitimate parents are being persecuted more than the <insert extreme swearing here> that are actually the problem !

This "Health and Safety" bull is beyond a joke now ! If they actually did something about the paedophiles instead of letting them back into the community to keep re offending then they wouldnt have to worry about it !

And the fact they let a 14 year old boy off today for raping a 12 year old at knifepoint, because the "trauma" of giving evidence was punishment enough just goes to show some justice in this country isnt very just !

Marcel said:
hahah class reply. :D

I expect it was the sudden 'Heeeere's Jonnny!' look on CT face that changed his mind! :D

i'm surprised they didn't lay on an asbo at the same time.
honestly, council workers are in league with estate agents...only less smartly dressed, basically out to f* you over in pretty much anything. makes me want to wander around with a camera just to see what happens - I wonder how big a hole a 1d would make in someone's head. a council worker's head. would the head implode due to the lack of supporting brain matter usually afforded to the average human or would it simply roll off the short fat stubby neck of said council worker?...
..I believe some experimentation would be in order.

can anyone answer this simple question:
"what are council workers good for?"

no? thought not.

CT said:
LOL Sad sign of the times. I took this pic a few years ago and had just been to Jessops and picked up a Nikon compact, so I took a few shots in the town centre. It was around 11a.m. Check out Mr Angry here...
perhaps if it had been a sunny day, he might have been smiling then...

people like that just get my goat, if I want to take a picture of a town/bustling centre etc what is it without hte people? it is suggested I rush around seeking release forms to be signed?! good *ing luck mate, people are increasingly becoming more and more afraid of what others will think! talk about a material world...I couldn't give a flying * what people think, if I'm happy with myself then cool, if not I'll sort it out, do I need x number of people who don't know me to judge me? no. If I ran a government it'd be run on common sense, very few bits of paper floating around, one small department that does everything and thats that. oh and I'd enforce sterilisation of chavs to prevent pregnancies of 12yr olds who probably grow up to work in local councils...nip it off at the bud.
[/rant over]

I think it's a very sad sign of the times that one small sick group of individual's can affect so many. Maybe the "media" is to blame what with 24 hour news dissecting every news story untill there's nothing left to pick over.

Surely they could see it was a family group together, surely that could be seen?????

daveyuk said:
Maybe the "media" is to blame what with 24 hour news dissecting every news story untill there's nothing left to pick over.

Speaking to a friend in the Police (inspector level) , children are at no more risk today than in the "good old days" . Even though it's sick/depraved , somebody sitting in their house looking at pictures does not harm anyone (except themselves) , It is all media hype that's scareing people .

80% of all child murders/molestation are by family/friends, so always get a stranger to take photos of the kids , it's safer :)

I think the majority of these parody types tend to be by very intelligent people, south park and the simpsons seem to me prime examples of this.

Saw this on our local Sports field, felt compelled to take a shot just to see what happened.

Sign.jpg

So if you are a paedophile you can buy your pics from the official photographer.
Everyones a winner.

Sadly my taxes pay for these morons at Southampton City Council. I can see what they are trying to do, but 1) it won't work and 2) they need to apply common sense...:wacky:

Heres the plot for the episode i mentioned,

Plot Summary for
"South Park"
Child Abduction Is Not Funny (2002)

Parents in South Park become gripped with fear that their children will be abducted, which leads to them taking more and more extreme measures to ensure their safety, finally culminating in a giant wall being built around the town.

My wife is CRB cleared (enhanced for working with children), if that is the case (as the sign suggests) then they'd have no problem with her taking photos.

I was actually thinking about getting CRB clearance myself.

Clearly these measures just don't go far enough. The powers that be must have inside information that the sickos get off on shots of children playing in the park. If that's the case then stopping the photography isn't good enough - after all what's to stop the sickos just going to the park and watching? So maybe the parks should be banned and for good measure stop children playing as well... actually let's just ban children...

Is it too soon to book a flight to Mars? :(

I was in Battersea Park with my kids in a Lambeth run Adventure playground. They had a bouncy castle and I wasn't allowed to take photos of my boys playing on it if other kids were on it at the time.

How does that protect anybody?

My 2 yr old had a wee outside last week.....

I saw it happen...

Shall I just hand myself into the police?

Wow that's quite to the extreme over there isn't it. I dont' know the laws over here but I'm pretty darn sure were still allowed to take pics in public parks and facilities. That's just crazy. :nuts: If they want the pics, they'll get them somewhere.

Jewel

jewel said:
If they want the pics, they'll get them somewhere.

That's kinda the whole point there Jewel, it doesn't stop anyone except legitimate normal people.

It's like when they ban joyriders from driving. THEY'RE ALREADY DRIVING WITHOUT A LICENCE HOW IS THAT GOING TO STOP THEM!!!! :razz::bang:

nothing to add at all, its all very pathetic. Today i was very concious taking snaps of my kids in a park...thats just pathetic.

While I agree that it isn't nice to be told you cannot take photos of your children playing have any of you considered this......

You are at a pool / park and your small child is happily playing. You take out your camera and take some family snaps. Several other 'parents' are doing the same. A few days later a picture of you child playing in the pool / park appears on the internet. It is a picture that you wouldn't want on public view. How would you feel.

Granted, it is a scenario that would only happen to very few people. The trouble is that while it is happening to someone in some far flung country, we may say words like 'Aw - that's terrible. They should be locked up and the key thrown away' but we still want the freedom to take snaps of OUR kids at the pool. Maybe if it happened to us we would be saying that photography at these places should be banned.

With today's compenstion culture, councils etc. have to safeguard themselves and the taxpayers money by trying to prevent themselves from being subject to legal action by some irate parent who has had the above scenario happen to them.

So if you are a paedophile you can buy your pics from the official photographer.

I kinda think any photo's taken by an official photographer would have to be vetted before being sold and if any 'dodgy' photographs were found then that photographer would no longer be official and would probably find the police would be trawling his house and computer for evidence for a future court case.

nightfire said:
A few days later a picture of you child playing in the pool / park appears on the internet. It is a picture that you wouldn't want on public view. How would you feel.

Never mind that a couple of hundred people could actualy see your child that day ??

As I said earlier , physical offences against children have not risen , if a sad sad/sick person is playing with themselves while looking at pictures of your kids the only person being harmed is them

nightfire said:
I kinda think any photo's taken by an official photographer would have to be vetted before being sold and if any 'dodgy' photographs were found then that photographer would no longer be official and would probably find the police would be trawling his house and computer for evidence for a future court case.

Define "Dodgy" since this seems to be a blanket ban on all photographs not just dodgy ones.

It's one thing that a few people at the venue see your child but quite another if the whole internet has that access.

These are not my views - just explanations as to why these restictions are in place. I too like taking photo's of my kids as they grow up and came across this same restriction only 10 days ago. I took my camera but it stayed in my backpack when I saw the sign forbidding photography at the pool.

Let's look at a slightly different scenario - you take a picture of your child at the pool. You like the photo and put it online in you personal gallery. In the background but still in focus and clearly recognisable is someone elses child in an unflattering situation. The parents of the child find out that this image that shows their child is on public display and are not happy so decide to sue you. How would you feel, waiting for the police to decide whether to bring charges or drop it. Being investigated as a suspected paedophile. Your name would be tarnished even if nothing came of it or the court ruled in your favour. People would remember you had been nvestigated and would always be wondering if there is some truth in the allegations.

The following is a true story......

A work colleague of mine was investigated as a suspected paedophile. Through no fault of his own he was found in possesion of one dodgy photo. It was on a cd containing MP3 files. The disc was part of a language tutoring package. He simply played it while learning a foreign language.

Someone by chance discovered the cd contained a hidden folder which in turn contained 3 hidden images. One of these images was dodgy and the guy who owned the cd was reported and the police were involved.

His life was hell for 6 months while the police searched his house from top to bottom and his computer was confiscated and searched for similar images. Even though nothing was found, the case has not been formally dropped and now nearly 12 months later he doesn't really know if the police are going to bring charges against him. He hasn't had his computer returned to him and he still has to be very carefull what he does if he uses any other computer. After 6 months or so he decided to try and forget what was happening and try to continue as if nothing had happened. The whole situation put him and his wife through the mill. Fortunately, it did not break them up but merely rocked the boat and their marriage is just as strong if not stronger as they have gone through this situation.

A photo you see as being innocent, taken in all innocence could lead to trouble down the line. This is why local authoroties put these rules in place - not just because they find it amusing to prevent you taking family snapshots.

I have in the past, taken photo's of my children when they were babies while having a bath. Jokingly said things like 'This will embaress him when he brings his first girlfriend home'. These were taken a long time ago before all this PC bull**** came in. We dare not let anyone else see these photo's now in case they think we abused our kids.

As I said earlier , physical offences against children have not risen

I never suggested anything to contradict that statement. It is simply people protecting themselves against any POSSIBLE problems that could theoretically arise if they didn't put these restrictions in place.

Each argument has two sides. Your view and an opposing view. If you can sit back and look at it calmly and without any personal opinion getting in the way, you can see the other side and understand the reason for their stance. You may still not agree with it but at least you understand their reasons for their actions.

In my spare time i do a bit of DJing,
a few months ago we did a kiddies party, and i was asked if i had time could i take a few shots of, and for the birthday girl, i said "yes no problem so long as you get permission from all the parents first", she thought i was joking!
its a sad world we live in when we cant take snaps becasue of a sick few.
i did get permission and i did take the shots and while still at the party i showed them on the laptop for all to see (made a few bob too ;-) ) they was all thrilled to bits and we got two more bookings.

It does all worry me a bit. I shoot quite a few kiddies parties - the photos never go further than the parents... But I keep all the shots incase people want more prints later on, which has happened a few times.

What if my "practices" came into question? If my PC's were confiscated authorities would find hordes of shots of young uns - it doesn't look good.

Gah.

Same here, I coach under 16 basketball all the parents know me and that I just shoot for fun. If thay want the photographs thay just have to ask and there down there way in no time. But if someone takes a diffrent view of that it dosen't look right hundreds of photographs of 15-16 year olds playing basketball. Even tho thay all know me and I'm just a few years older than them and I'm discloser checked, child protection and all that, the police don't take that view. But I'm not going to stop shooting I've got nothing to hide and I'm not doing anything ilegal so I'm not stopping. I can deal with anyone who has any questions or thinks that thay know better (I know theres some around :razz:)

Ally said:
But I'm not going to stop shooting I've got nothing to hide and I'm not doing anything ilegal so I'm not stopping.

I think that's the attitude we could ALL do with taking.

We have nothing to hide, so why should we act and feel as though we have, 'just incase' someone thinks otherwise?

We need to act for the positive, not incase of the negative, if that makes sense.

namllihs said:
Saw this on our local Sports field, felt compelled to take a shot just to see what happened.

Sign.jpg

Everyones a winner.

i was about to say something similar, my little sister is in junior school, a few years ago i turned up with a cheap compact and took a few pics at her sportsday, this was fine and the head teacher actually gave me his email address to send him the pics for school records etc.

these days parents cant even take a video camera or camera into a school play to collect some momorys.... they have to BUY an official photographers pics, which is a ****take, some ****ers making a profit and lets face it, as a family member im only ever going to give my pics to staff members and parents of my sisters friends, im not going to provide images to a complete stranger, how the **** can we expect an unconnected proffessional to take the same care, in the face of making money

something like this is fairly self policing as far as im concerned.

postscript - ive just remembered a spot eves dropping i did on my hols. i was sat at tsawwassen ferry terminal near vancouver, and a school group that had got off the ferry gathered next to me and the group leader started talking. he was explaining to the (lynch mob) parents what had gone on, basically a man (a tourist) had been taking pics while on the ferry had (obviously unintentionally) got a few of the kids in his pictures. the parents were obviously irate, about something that was im 99.9% certain utterly innocent.

nightfire said:
Let's look at a slightly different scenario - you take a picture of your child at the pool. You like the photo and put it online in you personal gallery. In the background but still in focus and clearly recognisable is someone elses child in an unflattering situation. The parents of the child find out that this image that shows their child is on public display and are not happy so decide to sue you. How would you feel, waiting for the police to decide whether to bring charges or drop it. Being investigated as a suspected paedophile. Your name would be tarnished even if nothing came of it or the court ruled in your favour. People would remember you had been nvestigated and would always be wondering if there is some truth in the allegations.

had we all better sell our camera gear now then?

in that situation you have just hypotetisised (sp? or have i even created a new word!?) the courts would clearly see that the suposed "crime" was mearly unintentinal and i severely doubt that it would even get as far as criminal investigation let alone court.

as people have mentioned laws like this only prevent the innocent doing things, those actually hell bent on doing something will still succeed.

my parents have pictures of me in the bath, hell i was even in the bath with my sister and possibly with friends at the time (probably when aged under 2) its a parenty thing to do, its something that was acceptable (and as far as im concerned is) and would NOT form the basis for ANY prosicution on the grounds of child abuse

i think your in danger of reading the sun, mirror and star and believing what is written, your falling under the spell of panic britain that the media is creating

Back