Abyss - Colourchrome

Love it Neil.
I wouldn't change a thing.
The white border gives a good idea of how it'd look if printed.

That's one of those shots where perfect symmetry produces a perfect result.

It is one very "cool" shot.

If there is a room or waiting area anywhere that is in need of picture to encourage a feeling of calmness then that picture is made for it (y)

Excellent image Neil and well worth the wait.

Such subtle tones and that tint of pink really adds to the image perspective :D

I don't venture into this part of the forum very often, so I miss a lot of your stuff Neil, unless I see it on FB... must remember to stalk you more closely! ;)

This is wonderful!

That's one of those shots where perfect symmetry produces a perfect result.

It is one very "cool" shot.

If there is a room or waiting area anywhere that is in need of picture to encourage a feeling of calmness then that picture is made for it (y)
Thanks Doug, really appreciate the kind comment (y)

Excellent image Neil and well worth the wait.

Such subtle tones and that tint of pink really adds to the image perspective :D
Thanks mate :D

I don't venture into this part of the forum very often, so I miss a lot of your stuff Neil, unless I see it on FB... must remember to stalk you more closely! ;)

This is wonderful!
Yay a stalker, thanks Beth :D

Simplicity at its best Neil.
You really are showcasing minimalist photography at the highest level.

Fabulous image, absolutely captivating. The colour adds another level for me whilst the limited colour pallet avoids the colour becoming a distraction

That's a beauty Neil.
I think with those colours I wouldn't try and convert to b+w at all. I wonder if a square crop would look better, if that's at all possible? Is that man made structure or something in the sea?

That's a beauty Neil.
I think with those colours I wouldn't try and convert to b+w at all. I wonder if a square crop would look better, if that's at all possible? Is that man made structure or something in the sea?
Thanks Paul, it's an outdoor swimming pool. Tried the square crop and it looked a little unbalance with lots of space top and bottom, tried it in various ways but looked best like this IMO.

Can't find the words really. What I will say though, is that you could fill a photo magazine on your own Neil !!!

Gaz

Saw this on my Flickr feed earlier and could tell it was one of yours straight away. Your images have such a unique style, with so much atmosphere and a calm but moody feel to them. Really lovely stuff

Thanks Paul, it's an outdoor swimming pool. Tried the square crop and it looked a little unbalance with lots of space top and bottom, tried it in various ways but looked best like this IMO.

Its definitely a strange thing. Have you posted one of this pool structure before? Sure I've seen something similar (not sure who) but with a faster shutter speed and at an angle with the water running off :thinking:

Very nice image Neil.(y)

George.

Its definitely a strange thing. Have you posted one of this pool structure before? Sure I've seen something similar (not sure who) but with a faster shutter speed and at an angle with the water running off :thinking:
Yep posted shots of it before, with faster exposure! This one I have mirrored to get the symmetry!

Nicely done mate (y)

Sublime image.
Thanks mate :)

Very nice image Neil.(y)

George.
Thanks George

That's a stunning image!!!! I totally love everything about it!!! Perfect in every way, you must be over the moon :)

Back