Adobe CC

Name
Ross
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone ever bought this using one of the alternate currency options? I've not gone through the whole currency list Adobe allow you to chose but buying it upfront for the year in Argentine Pesos is the equivalent of about £45.

I haven't, though I imagine for this to work you would need to have an appropriate IP address. There are add-ons you can get for some browsers to spoof your address* though I don't know about using something like that outside a browser (as you would need to do when CC "phones home").

* One use for something like this is to be able to connect to the US version of NetFlix which has more programmes than the UK version.

You could change your apparent IP address with a Smart DNS service. Either a free one or a pay one using a trial period. Look up OverPlay, Unotelly, Unblock-us or others. You'd need to check if Argentina is covered by the particular service. And if so they give you details of how to change settings on your PC or router.

Last edited:
One thing to be aware of if you go down that route is that some things might stop working unless you switch it back - things like the BBC iPlayer are for UK IP addresses only.

Yes but after a while you might get used to Argentinian TV. Their version of Top Gear is a scream apparently.

Smart DNS can be set up on a device by device basis. So my TV is in a different geographical location from the router and all the PCs.

I presume Adobe check the IP address location when doing licence checking. Whether they let you use CC on a laptop when travelling is another question.

Last edited:
Back