Adobe Photography Plan with 20 GB - help needed please

Name
Marcia
Edit My Images
No
I wonder if anyone could help me please? I’m thinking of going back to Lightroom, biting the bullet, and paying the subscription, although I may wait until the Black Friday deals in November.
The reason I’m going for the Photography Plan is because you get Lightroom Classic, as well as Photoshop Lightroom! My question is this though? Does this Plan allow you to use Lightroom both on a desktop, and a tablet (in my case an iPad) at the same time?
Many thanks in advance for your replies!

I wonder if anyone could help me please? I’m thinking of going back to Lightroom, biting the bullet, and paying the subscription, although I may wait until the Black Friday deals in November.
The reason I’m going for the Photography Plan is because you get Lightroom Classic, as well as Photoshop Lightroom! My question is this though? Does this Plan allow you to use Lightroom both on a desktop, and a tablet (in my case an iPad) at the same time?

Yes, you can use on two devices.

You can install it on multiple platforms but only be activated (signed in) on two... I have it on pc, iPad and phone.

Thank you, Tommy, and Gez! As much as I’ve tried, I haven’t really been able to get on that well with On1, or DXO, although noise reduction on DXO is really good! Now to download a Lightroom trial to see if it’s as good as I remember, and to check that the subscription model will be viable upon next years retirement!
Thank you again!

Worth noting that Amazon do deals on the 1 year subscription on Black Friday and Prime Day.
You can buy these, and get a code to enter in your Adobe account, which adds 365 days credit - so, for example, I got a 365 day plan for £69.99 on Prime day this year, so won't get charged the £10/month subscription again until later next year (but I'll probably buy another 1 year pack next prime day!)

I’ve heard about these deals Jonathan so I intend to wait until the Amazon Black Friday/Monday deals in the hope I’ll get a reduced package! Thank you for the heads up!

According to Adobe's Creative Cloud Photography Plan - Common Questions, FAQ page, under General Questions heading...

What does the Creative Cloud photography plan include?

The Creative Cloud Photography plan includes the following apps:
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC on desktop, mobile, and the web
  • Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC
  • Adobe Portfolio
  • Adobe Spark with premium features
  • Adobe Bridge
  • 20 GB cloud storage
Note: "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC on desktop, mobile, and the web"

Grammar-wise, it would imply that you can have Lightroom CC on those three at any time, on desktop and mobile (which would includes iPad) and web. Otherwise they would have used the word "or" as in "Lightroom CC on desktop, mobile, or the web"

So I would say yes, you can have Lightroom CC on desktop and iPad. Unless by "at the same time" you imply actually using both applications at the very same time? :)

Last edited:
Thank you for that Major Eazy. Sorry that the wording of my post was ambiguous! I wouldn’t be using both applications at the same time, but as you correctly interpreted I was just wanting the application to be available on both devices,
Once again many thanks for your help

Thank you for that Major Eazy. Sorry that the wording of my post was ambiguous! I wouldn’t be using both applications at the same time, but as you correctly interpreted I was just wanting the application to be available on both devices,
Once again many thanks for your help

You're welcome.

Yes you get LR Classic on up to 2 desktop PCs, and the LR Mobile application on as many devices as you like. I'm on this plan and have LR Classic on two PCs and LR mobile on my Android phone and my iPad and it all works perfectly together. The 20Gb storage limit is nowhere near as restrictive as you think either, as Smart Previews generated in LR Classic don't count towards your storage limit.

I have it on 5 devices at any one time but it is only ever active on 2 at a time. Very flexible way of working.

Thank you Richard and Jasmine! I will get hold of a trial version tomorrow and see how it behaves!

It is worth it for your business. Why hold back on something that will help your photography become even better. You also get to claim it back as a business expense.

I personally use Googles Snap seed for mobile editing.

Last edited:
It is worth it for your business. Why hold back on something that will help your photography become even better. You also get to claim it back as a business expense.

The mobile versions are extremely basic. I personally use Googles Snap seed for mobile editing.

Lightroom Mobile has basically everything the desktop version has from a pure editing point of view. The only thing I can think of that's missing is HDR and Panorama merging, which may be a complete deal breaker or of no consequence depending on your style of photography. LR Mobile absolutely walks all over Snapseed

Back