Adobe PS Magazines

Boo

Edit My Images
Yes
I was looking in W H Smiths the other day at some of the photography mags. Now there are two floating about that took my eye but I'm not sure if they are applicable to Adobe PS Elements 4.

They are: 'Photoshop Advanced' and 'Photoshop Creative'

Does anyone know whether they are useable with Elements 4? Also which are you favourite photography mags in general?

Thanks

I have no idea about the PS mags you have mentioned - I have just got myself some Photoshop DVD's via Fleabay ('nuff said already... :suspect1: )

As for regular photography mags, I subscribe to both 'Digital Camera' and 'Practical Photography'. These often have some very good PS articles and 'how to' sections in them, and Digital Camera mag has a free cd every month showing you how to do certain PS projects (if you have look on here in the cd sharing section, you will find that you have access to some of these free cd's).

minimeeze said:
I have no idea about the PS mags you have mentioned - I have just got myself some Photoshop DVD's via Fleabay ('nuff said already... :suspect1: )

As for regular photography mags, I subscribe to both 'Digital Camera' and 'Practical Photography'. These often have some very good PS articles and 'how to' sections in them, and Digital Camera mag has a free cd every month showing you how to do certain PS projects (if you have look on here in the cd sharing section, you will find that you have access to some of these free cd's).

Funny you should say that 'cause I picked up a copy of Digital Camera and am just checking out this month's CD. I've never seen the mag before and so far I'm impressed.

digital camera have an offer at the moment 3 months for £3 subsription with the choice to cancel after 3 months

I get Digital Camera, there is always loads of tutorials etc...plus the free DVD. £12.37ish per quarter.

I am sure I have a good few of the old free discs from magazines going back some while and I am told they give more value to PC users that for the mac. If you email me I will drop some in the post instead of using them as bird scarers! Don't go out and spend too money on the magazines - a good excuse to get out of the rain and have a read (sorry browse) in Smiths before buying some of their half price Dairy Milk!

Thanks Fangman I may well take you up on that!

Going back to my initial query regarding the Adobe PS magazines.... has anyone any idea if they're compatible with Elements 4? sorry not nagging lol just that my other question about which mags you read may have deviated people's thoughts thats all.

Ta

As far as I am aware if it is plugins or actions, then unless they say compatible with Elements 4 you are likely to be out of luck. The written tutorials and guides though will probably be very similar for both programs and should still be relevant. One or two of the steps will be different or may have to find a slightly different way of doing it, but overall I would still think you would learn a lot.

A lot of the tutorials will be applicable yes Boo, Elements is just a cut down version of PS. Some of the menu items/tools will be in different places or not available and things like actions require third party software to work (some won't work at all).

I have Elements 4 myself and it has quite a lot of the functionality of PS.

Cheers guys. I guess its a case of trial and error and see what I can get out of them. I'll try a couple of issues and see how it goes.

Back