Adoby CCUpdate strife.

Name
Terry
Edit My Images
Yes
I tried to update photoshop and lightroom yesterday. Had many attempts following online instructions , complete fail....
Today I tried again. Adobe remote support have been on my computer since 12.30 so far, nearly 3.5 hours. Still no luck.
Any one else had problems with the latest updates?

I tried to update photoshop and lightroom yesterday. Had many attempts following online instructions , complete fail....
Today I tried again. Adobe remote support have been on my computer since 12.30 so far, nearly 3.5 hours. Still no luck.
Any one else had problems with the latest updates?

being just an ordinary computer user I would be unhappy about giving anyone remote access to my computer

(Even though I know that every time I use LR ...... it goes off somewhere to check this and that - which it did not in the past)

Last edited:
First time for me but it is official and safe you can see everything they do and they asks for permission each step of they way, so my butt is squared off. They have just created another user account because that can solve one issue, but as I tried that yesterday I am not sure it will work.

Last edited:
I just clicked update from my desktop ??

Rhodese.

He ended up downloading LR and PS manually and installing again. He was working on it for 5 1/2 hours in total.
I hope it goes better next time.

I've not updated yet, I've decided to leave updates till I know the bugs are all sorted out.

Yup. cc defective and doesnt give upgrade option so just reverted to using PS 6 off disc. Ok it is only version 13 but it works and there are no monthly charges.

Cc update is a load of garbage. I used it to install things originally and then switched to the normal Adobe update. That worka generally. Adobe make some absolutely shonky rubbish.

I have Lightroom to install but it means having to use ccupdate so I haven't.

One ,if not the only problem, turned out to be tha my AV program AvastPro would not let the updater move some files from the temp file.
So it is worth turning it off before the actual update. Other AV programs may not show that particular problem.
As Avast is one of the most used AV's you wold think Adobe would have an inbuilt solution. Or at leas already know about it.

The saga is still ongoing.
I had to get them to fix the Creative cloud program. Just now it had stopped working.
I now am in the process of updating Photoshop and Lightroom again.................?

Finally updated PS and LR ......worked first time with Avast pro turned off.

Not sure why reading that some are having issues with the latest update prompted me to update myself, but just updated LR, PS, Illustrator, Bridge, Dreamweaver and Media Encoder without any issues.

Hope you get yours sorted soon Terry.

Not sure why reading that some are having issues with the latest update prompted me to update myself, but just updated LR, PS, Illustrator, Bridge, Dreamweaver and Media Encoder without any issues.

Hope you get yours sorted soon Terry.

Yes all working fine now, However when they had to clear out everything, I lost all my presets.
It seems to have been an incompatibility with Avast pro,

You should always disable antivirus software when installing new applications. They can cause all sorts of issues.

Yes, like finding viruses the install program has intentionally or unintentionally tried to install!

I never got why companies think it is ok to tell you to turn off your anti-virus when you install something, it kind of defeats the point..........

Yes, like finding viruses the install program has intentionally or unintentionally tried to install!

I never got why companies think it is ok to tell you to turn off your anti-virus when you install something, it kind of defeats the point..........

Because as you well know and has been pointed out above it can trigger a false positive and cause an installation failure.

Is that the fault of the software you are trying to install or the anti virus developer?

AV should only be turned off if you are absolutely sure the software is safe and directly from the actual developer, and not from some other site that adds advertisements and/or with possible viruses.
It is always bad practise to disengage AV, Software providers should ensure that their offerings do not have conflicts, by engaging with the AV industry.

Otherwise it is rather like a driver that ignores oncoming traffic and street furniture. It is both bad manners and dangerous to all road users.

Last edited:
I had the same issue but only with lightroom, got to 54% then kept stopping. I finally uninstalled and re-installed and its working albeit slowly but that's probably my laptop.

Because a lot of AV is hacky, buggy crap...

It seems to have been an incompatibility with Avast pro,
I think Avast has a few problems at the moment, it's the leading suspect in a few compatibility issues I'm having currently.

Back